That time of year is upon us again, ladies, when we ask ourselves the age-old question: tie or socks? I usually like to go rogue and get him both but this Father’s Day, I want to think outside of the ‘workwear accessories’ box. My partner is a great dad and an incredibly thoughtful man; he does the things that I don’t even realize need doing, like restocking the fridge with cream for my coffee and making sure our toddler treat cupboard is well-stocked. And he is always ready when he knows I need a break, a few minutes to decompress. I keep these things close to my heart when I come home to his dirty socks on my living room table: because marriage, right?
It’s day 10 of the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides and we’re channelling Austin Powers and the Fonz. These are gifts that groove.
On day 8 of our 12 days of Christmas Gift Guides, we move into the ethereal. Mystic, moving and gracious, these treats that enchant and charm will keep you and everyone around you smiling.
On day for of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gifts we are lightening up a tad, with gifts that amuse.
On day three of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Guides we hone in on gifts that tickle our senses and make us mindful of the joys of a life well lived.
In the second of our 12 days of Christmas Gift Guides we zero in on gifts that comfort and soothe. The world certainly needs to feel safe and cozy these days and we are convinced a few of these selections may help!
It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential. What is most meaningful?
You might be a tad more organized than we are, but in case you’re more of a late shopper…. here are some last minute Valentines gifts that will actually enhance people’s lives. Online personal training, music lessons, language instruction… The lucky recipients of your gifts will be brilliant while being able to be hermits! (But then again, staying home can be pretty romantic…)
Online Yoga Classes: $8-$10/month – Downward dog on your tablet in the living room.
Fiverr: $5 per gig – You could spend hours looking at the weird and wonderful things people will do for just $5.
Rosetta Stone Online Language Course: 6 months $169 – Because the elementary school french is getting a tad rusty.
Ancestry.ca Geneology Subscription: $9.99 – $24.99/month – Doing a family tree has been on your list for ages.
Online music and art lessons at Artistworks: $20 – $30/month – Philharmonic here I come!
PicMonkey Royale Subscription: $4.99/month or $33/year – Easy photo editing, plus you can add mustaches and text to images.
AnimalJam by National Geographic Kids: $5.99/month – A fab educational game for kids.
Online Personal Fitness Training: $11.50 – $29.99/week – Because then you have an excuse to say ‘Sorry I can’t. I’m seeing my personal trainer today.’
NextIssue Magazine Subscriptions: $9.99/month – Hundreds of magazine issues to read on your tablet or phone.
Amazon Prime: $99.99/year – Free shipping, books and movies.
Rogers Shomi: $8.99/month – the new video and TV streaming service from Rogers
Club Penguin: $5.00 – $7.95/month – Club Penguin is an ever-changing world where the possibilities to create, socialize, and play are literally endless.
Teachers do so much for our kids, each and every day. We spend so much time talking to our kids about how great their teachers are, but when was the last time you told your child’s teacher that you appreciate all that they do for your kiddo?
Here are 10 handmade teacher Christmas gifts that have a personal touch to help you express your appreciation.
1. Thank you for coloring our lives and making us Sharpies teacher gift from Design Wash Rinse Repeat
2. DIY fabric covered book (this would be so cute to do with a journal or notebook) from Two Twenty One
3. Homemade Tea Wreath from Kojo Designs
4. Thanks a Latte for all you do teacher gift from Longing For Home
5. Succulents planter from Shabby 2 Chic
6. DIY Tub Teas from Martha Stewart
7. Dum-Dum lollipop tree from Meet the Dubiens
8. DIY Oh Sew Easy 10 Minute Fabric Flower Brooch from Sew Creative
9. Teacher Scrabble tile coloured clothespins from Pen and Paint
10. DIY Chalkboard Coasters from Living Well Spending Less
Don’t you just love Christmas? The excitement, the anticipation, the magic in your children’s eyes as they imagine what they’ll find under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning?
We decided to help you with your Christmas countdown fun by curating our favourite DIY Advent Calendars from Pinterest.
1. DIY Magnetic Tin Advent Calendar from Makoodle
2. Colourful Forest Advent Calendar from Love From Ginger
3. DIY Modern Advent Calendar from The Sweet Escape
4. No Sew Reusable Branches Advent Calendar from Design Mom
5. Muffin Tin Advent Calendar by Doodle Bug Blog
6. DIY Lego Advent Calendar from Frugal Fun 4 Boys
7. Mini Stocking Advent Calendar from Trillium Design
8. Bright and Colourful Advent Calendar from Love My Dress
9. Toilet Paper Tube Advent Calendar from Modern Creativity
10. DIY Wall Chart Advent Calendar from The Painted Hive