On day for of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gifts we are lightening up a tad, with gifts that amuse.
Don’t you just love Christmas? The excitement, the anticipation, the magic in your children’s eyes as they imagine what they’ll find under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning?
We decided to help you with your Christmas countdown fun by curating our favourite DIY Advent Calendars from Pinterest.
1. DIY Magnetic Tin Advent Calendar from Makoodle
2. Colourful Forest Advent Calendar from Love From Ginger
3. DIY Modern Advent Calendar from The Sweet Escape
4. No Sew Reusable Branches Advent Calendar from Design Mom
5. Muffin Tin Advent Calendar by Doodle Bug Blog
6. DIY Lego Advent Calendar from Frugal Fun 4 Boys
7. Mini Stocking Advent Calendar from Trillium Design
8. Bright and Colourful Advent Calendar from Love My Dress
9. Toilet Paper Tube Advent Calendar from Modern Creativity
10. DIY Wall Chart Advent Calendar from The Painted Hive
As a mom whose children had a slight addition to Lego, I know how difficult it can be to stick to a toy budget when your child covets a certain set. Or ten. Worse still, they assemble it in a day (ok maybe not the Deathstar) and soonafter, the new items get played with and broken. We’ve just discovered Pleygo, a Netflix-like rental service for Lego sets.
Pleygo is a new service which provides kids and adults unlimited access to the world of Lego at a minimal cost. By renting and returning Lego sets, parents save money and kids continue to be excited and long for the new set that comes in the mail. Life skills such as creativity, fine-motor and sequencing are enhanced and I’m willing to bet that my summer tech-timeout challenge will be a tad easier once I subscribe! There are plans for Unlimited Lego sets for 3, 6 or even 12 months.
Lego and Blocks. Two of the world’s best inventions and also the bane of parents everywhere. The vacuum gets clogged, you are constantly stepping on tiny pieces and the worst – Mommy – Where is my guy’s head!? The Toydozer is like a huge dustpan/shovel that makes cleaning up the carpet much more efficient. Scrape everything into the dozer with the removable flap, and spend more time laughing and less time searching for heads! Now all you need is a bin big enough to dump it all in.