This holiday season I’m determined to give thoughtful and kind gifts. Most websites charge crazy prices for shipping, take forever to fabricate a product and even longer to arrive.
It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential.
It’s day 10 of the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides and we’re channelling Austin Powers and the Fonz. These are gifts that groove.
On day for of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gifts we are lightening up a tad, with gifts that amuse.
On day three of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Guides we hone in on gifts that tickle our senses and make us mindful of the joys of a life well lived.
A mom’s life is always busy, but the holidays are even more intense. Have you ever stopped to think of what you honestly & truly want for Christmas? Presenting Mommy’s Christmas List.
1. to go to the bathroom alone
2. someone to remove the smushed Cheerios & rotten milk smell from my car
3. to check the lost and found and not find something with my kid’s name on it
4. other people to stop telling me how advanced their kids are
5. to open the fridge and not find empty containers
6. to have a few pieces of clothing my daughter doesn’t borrow
7. a Saturday morning listening to whatever I want instead of Dora and the Wiggles
8. my Mom to stop saying ‘you ate/did/played with it and you turned out fine’
9. my kids to know where they put their library books
10. An ipad with my own apps on it
11. invisible full-body spanx
12. to remember every second of their childhood
13. to have someone other than me put on the new roll of toilet paper
What would you add to mommy’s Christmas list?
There is little as special as a peaceful bath with soap you have made yourself. Try different scents, and let the kids experiment with their own colours and smells. Handmade soap is spectacular hostess treat for the holidays, or perfect for holiday gifts. Once you are comfortable with the basics, you can try different recipes, or interesting moulds to create amazing one-of-a-kind soaps.