It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential.
The holidays are approaching and I’m in a complete nesting mode. The only problem with cleaning out closets and eliminating clutter is that I now see very clearly the marks on the hardwood, out of place art and burnt-out lightbulbs.
Canadian Thanksgiving is upon us, and it just dawned on me that my home will be filled with family and guests in a few days. We are all super busy, and after the first months back to school, my home is certainly caked in a mild film of grime.
This Sunday, September 20th is Rediscover Nature Day! As school revs up and life becomes more structured, we all need to be reminded to stay connected with nature. Our challenge for you is to get outside for at least an hour with your family on Sunday
Summer is just around the corner, and with the arrival of warm weather it’s time for outdoor activities with the kids and events that can last all day. Olay and Crest want to help keep your skin hydrated and fresh and your smile shining bright through your endless summer fun!
To start your summer off right, try Olay’s newly enhanced Total Effects formula with 40 per cent more vitamins, which has the highest level of Niacinamide in an over-the-counter Olay skincare product! This moisturizer packs more vitamins than the leading prestige moisturizer and will help you get ready for the hot, sunny days ahead.
To brighten your smile, we’re giving away Crest Luxe Supreme FlexFit Whitestrips, which are super easy to use and offer great results. These strips use an advanced technology called FlexFit, allowing the Whitestrip to stretch around your smile for a perfect fit that hugs your smile’s curves. Not only do they whiten as well as a $500 in-office professional treatment, but they are the best fitting Whitestrips yet.
We have a Brighten Your Summer prize pack, valued at approximately $40*:
- Olay Total Effects Anti-aging Moisturizer, Fragrance-Free– $32.99
- Crest 3D White Whitestrips Luxe Supreme FlexFit – 4 samples
*Pricing at discretion of the retailer
Ends July 30, Can only, excl. Quebec. Good luck!
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.
P&G has only provided me with the product that I am using as the prizes for this contest. The contest is not otherwise endorsed, designed and/or administered by or associated with P&G.By entering the following contest you are accepting that, if you win, your contact information will be shared with a P&G PR and shipping agency for the purpose of mailing your prize. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the contest closure date to receive your prize.
This giveaway may appear on other blogs as part of the #PGmom/#mamanPG program. However, to be fair, you can only win once per giveaway. If your name is chosen more than once, another winner will be selected. All winners must be from within Canada.
Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ddebold/
To help start the night off right, prep with Olay’s newly enhanced Total Effects formula with 40% more vitamins and the highest level of Niacinamide in an over-the-counter Olay skincare product. The enhanced formula makes this anti-aging moisturizer a must-have summer beauty staple. This moisturizer packs more vitamins than the leading prestige moisturizer and will help you get ready for your night out!
Now, onto your eyes! Lash fame… it’s a thing! Get ready to shine the spotlight on your eyes and give your lashes a starring role with NEW COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara. This new mascara will help lengthen and volumize your lashes for that “Oh La La” look! This mascara is perfect for adding that extra pop for that date night or evening out on the town.
This new mascara has a unique Lash Styler that is designed to allow maximum mascara-to-lash contact and can give your lashes 400% bigger, corner-to-corner volume.
Go on, twirl it and get the best false lash look in 3 easy steps:
- Place the Lash Styler’s narrow, long core and short bristles right at the base of the lashes.
- Pull the Lash Styler through the lashes from root to tip, twirling or rotating it a bit as you go.
- Sculpt and style the lashes until you reach supersized, corner to corner volume.
For more drama, pair your wonderful super-sized lashes with Intensify Me! Liquid Liner. Its paddle tip provides two looks – thick and dramatic or thin and elegant and can help you achieve the perfect cat-eye.
- COVERGIRL Super Sizer Mascara- $6.99-$9.99
- Intensify Me! Liquid Liner- $6.99-$9.99
- Olay Total Effects Anti-aging Moisturizer, Fragrance-Free– $32.99
Please fill out this Rafflecopter form. Canada only, Excl. Quebec. Ends 30/05 Good luck!
*Pricing at discretion of the retailer. Available in select stores May 2015.
May is a pretty special month. Tulips, showers and Mother’s Day await, but it is also a chance to raise awareness and end violence against women. Many of us have experienced emotional or physical violence, and it is the antithesis of our nurturing nature as mothers. Violence must end. Women must be safe.The Canadian Women’s Foundation raises funds and awareness for women who have experienced physical or emotional violence. This campaign helps nearly 450 shelters for abused women and their children, and funds community prevention programs that break the cycle of violence.
In partnership with Winners and HomeSense, the Canadian Women’s Foundation has launched its exclusive Shop for Hope product line. From home décor to fresh and fun day-to-day items, this limited time collection has something for everyone. Just in time for Mother’s Day, purchase a gift for mom or an inspirational woman in your life while supporting the Foundation’s work to end violence and help raise hope. 100% of net proceeds go to organizations that help women. Even better? All of these funky, stylish items are under $25.00 CDN and can be found at Winners and HomeSense locations across Canada while supplies last. So hurry. Or simply enter our giveaway below to win the entire collection! Ends 31/5 Canada only excl. Quebec.
Gift wrapping isn’t just about concealing that perfect holiday gift, it can also be fun, stylish and on-trend – inspired gift wrapping! To add to the excitement of the holiday season, Scotch Brand has packaged up the latest trends into gift wrap inspirations.
1. It’s a Champagne Christmas: It’s all about white and gold this season; look for wrapping papers in this colour palette to add a pop of sophisticated glam to your gifts.
2. Neon-neutral mash-up: Pair ultra-bright Washi tapes and gift wrapping papers with burlap to complete this popular look.
3. Geometric Flare: It’s all about the patterns for this trend; wrap your gift using decorative tapes on packaging paper to accessorize your gift exchange and make a bold
See below for some images of how to apply these trends for gift wrapping!
Feeling inspired? Enter our giveaway for a $50 box filled with 3M Scotch products!!!
Wouldn’t it be awesome to send the kids to school with healthier snacks? You just may win free Rice Krispies for a year. Oh yeah!!!! Introducing, Kelloggs Rice Krispies Muffins using Multi-grain shapes.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes cereal
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
1. In small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Set aside for topping.
2. Stir together flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG’S MULTIGRAIN SHAPES cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and chocolate morsels. Beat well. Add flour mixture,stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with sugar-cinnamon topping.
4. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
1. Prepare as above. Portion 1/4 cup batter into 12 paper-lined custard cups. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon topping. Arrange 6 cups on
microwave-safe plate in center of microwave.
2. Cook on HIGH 2 minutes. Rotate the plate 1/4 turn and cook on HIGH 1 minute longer. With hot pads, carefully remove muffins from microwave and place on wire rack. Repeat with remaining muffins. Let stand on wire rack 5 minutes before serving.
Announcing the “Win Rice Krispies Cereal for a Year” Contest – hosted by Urban Mommies and part of our 12 Days of Giveaways contests.
All you need to do is tweet directly to us with your child’s artwork using the hashtag #RKShapesContest, and we will randomly pick a winner when the contest is done.
For full contest rules and regulations, please click here.
Enjoy! Oh – and about that free Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes for a year…. You can fill out our handy Rafflecopter form below, and good luck. Ends Dec. 12/31. Canada only / excl. Quebec.
The season of sleeveless tops, sun dresses and shorts is in full swing, and it is a hot one. Unfortunately, with a broken wrist (send chocolate) it takes way more effort for me to appear beach-ready! Before I was sent a summer survival kit, I’d prep for a day out only to find I missed a spot shaving and the painstaking flat-ironing I was doing to create beachy waves, well, just wasn’t working.
Even though my cast means I can only bathe once every few days – (carefully!) I was thrilled to discover Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Waves Enhancer Spray. A spritz and a scrunch and my hair looked gorgeous (if I do say so…). I applied the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Waves Crème Pomade right afterward and it held all day. It didn’t get greasy at all, so with a few more spritzes of Wave Enhancer Spray the day after and I was ready.
As for those pesky missed hairs, the Gillette Venus Snap with Embrace mini razor that I threw into my beach bag ensured that I had an easy-to-hold-with-one-hand solution for that dreaded patch of hair I discovered when I finally started to relax on the beach. I did mention that I can shave with my bad hand, right? Epic. again by giving you smooth, beautiful skin, no matter where you are.
Have you experienced a hair “oh no” moment? We’d love to hear about a time when you could have used these style saving products. Share your story with me on Twitter or Instagram (@urbanmommies) using #InASnap for shaving mishaps and #GoodbyeFlyaways for frizzy fumbles. And, to ensure you never find yourself in the same predicament again, we’re giving away a P&G Summer Hair Survival Kit so you can test these solutions for yourself.
This giveaway is valued at $45* and includes:
- Gillette Venus Snap with Embrace – $13.99*
- Gillette Venus Spa Breeze cartridges – $21.99*
- Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Waves Enhancer Spray – $4.99*
- Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Waves Crème Pomade – $4.99*
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am a P&G Mom. I receive samples to test in exchange for my participation in the program. All opinions are my own.