There’s something about Easter egg waste and chemical dyes that makes me squirm. Of course there are store-bought, non-toxic natural Easter Egg dyes out there, but I set out to create my own from ingredients in the fridge. The result was muted and beautiful – almost what you would find if you happened upon a bird’s nest in nature. Natural easter egg dyes also make it healthier to consume the hard-boiled eggs after the fact. And after you master these, maybe cloth dying is in the cards!!
The other day, my daughter came home from school very excited. She asked me if I knew what her favorite holiday was. Knowing this is an answer that can change quite frequently, I guessed Christmas. And, I was wrong…
It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential.
It’s day 10 of the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides and we’re channelling Austin Powers and the Fonz. These are gifts that groove.
On day 8 of our 12 days of Christmas Gift Guides, we move into the ethereal. Mystic, moving and gracious, these treats that enchant and charm will keep you and everyone around you smiling.
In the second of our 12 days of Christmas Gift Guides we zero in on gifts that comfort and soothe. The world certainly needs to feel safe and cozy these days and we are convinced a few of these selections may help!
Nothing says Thanksgiving quite like a good savoury sage stuffing. I’ve been using this recipe for years and it’s a winner every time.
According to a recent PetSafe Survey, 98 per cent of Canadians consider their pet to be part of the family, so why should they be left out of this gift exchange this holiday season? Knowing that the average pet owner spends approximately $21-50 on their pet a month, we’ve pulled together our top five must-have stocking stuffers for your pet this holiday season!
LIKETY STIK— a durable nylon and rubber treat-dispensing toy challenges your dog to figure out how to get the delicious natural rawhide treat. Perfect to preoccupy your dog for hours! $3.49-5.99 (.84 – 1.69 Oz.)
BUSY BUDDY JACK— a durable nylon and rubber treat-dispensing toy challenges your dog to figure out how to get the delicious natural rawhide treat. Perfect to preoccupy your dog for hours! $7.99-12.99
EGG-CERCIZER CAT TOY — make playtime more fun or help your cat stay in shape. Adjust the dispensing holes to slow down cats who eat too fast and encourage exercise. Rewarding your pet, while providing exercise! $4.49
INDIGO TRIPLE CHEWS —delicious, long-lasting chewable treats that are made with a recipe fortified with healthy ingredients. Available in small, medium and large sizes to suit a variety of dogs. $24.99
FROLICAT BOLT — an interactive laser toy that projects a laser pattern allowing your pet pounce, chase across the floor, up the walls, and over furniture. $19.99
We’re giving away all of these awesome stocking stuffers for dogs and cats and you could win just by filling out the Rafflecopter form below. Canada only, excl. Quebec. Ends 12/12. Good Luck!!!
The Love Crunch stopped me in my tracks. And then I discovered the Q’ia. We can’t get enough of Natures Path – nor can the kids. We are doing an epic giveaway of a huge box of #FeelGoodHoliday products, but first I wanted to share a not-so-secret recipe for healthy gingerbread men that the kids and I will be making this year. We may make the odd gingerbread dog too.
As fun to decorate as they are to eat, Gingerbread Men have long held the top holiday cookie title. These DIY gingerbread men are primed to keep the top spot. With just 15 minutes to make, decorating takes centre stage. Use our organic Gingerbread Love Crunch and get creative , using berries or seeds for detail.
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Love Crunch® – Gingerbread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fancy molasses
- Ready-to-use frosting or icing
- Assorted nuts, seeds, dried fruit and/or chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse granola until finely crushed.
- Add to a bowl and whisk with flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In a large bowl, with electric beaters, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in molasses.
- Stir in dry ingredients and beat just until mixed.
- Knead as needed to form dough.
- Divide dough into quarters and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Flour work surface.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- With floured 5-inch gingerbread man cutter, cut out cookies, pressing firmly. Reroll dough as needed.
- Arrange on prepared pan, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Cook in batches, baking in middle oven for 10 minutes or until just until lightly golden on the bottom.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Ice with frosting and decorate with nuts, seeds, dried fruit and/or chocolate chips as desired.
If you’re looking to make a statement, gold always works. Our gold hostess gifts will be sure to knock her socks off.
1. Celebration Champagne Glasses from Chapters/Indigo $38.00 – Because holiday cocktails should never be dull!
2. MyKronoz ZeBracelet2 Smartwatch – Rose Gold 99$ – It tells time, streams music, allows you to answer calls and also displays text messages!
3. Metallic Gold Paper Straws from Etsy $5.81 – These make even a kale smoothie taste festive!
4. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss – Golden Opportunity 230 -$4.99 Gold is the new red.
5. Classic Gold Ingot Swiss Army Knife $280 – Elegant and timeless.
6. Logitech Gold Tendrils Wireless Mouse – Heighten her desk to new levels.
7. Gold Stag Place Card Holder 14.95 – Can you imagine a holiday table adorned with these stately gems?
8. MAKE UP FOR EVER Metal Powder $28 – In the corner of the eye, or as all-over shadow, she could audition for a James Bond film.
9. 2014-2015 Kate Spade Large Planner Black Stripe $38.00 – She will never forget an appointment with this beauty!
10. Celebration Champagne Glasses from Chapters/Indigo $38.00