There’s something about Easter egg waste and chemical dyes that makes me squirm. Of course there are store-bought, non-toxic natural Easter Egg dyes out there, but I set out to create my own from ingredients in the fridge. The result was muted and beautiful – almost what you would find if you happened upon a bird’s nest in nature. Natural easter egg dyes also make it healthier to consume the hard-boiled eggs after the fact. And after you master these, maybe cloth dying is in the cards!!
The other day, my daughter came home from school very excited. She asked me if I knew what her favorite holiday was. Knowing this is an answer that can change quite frequently, I guessed Christmas. And, I was wrong…
It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential.
It’s day 10 of the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides and we’re channelling Austin Powers and the Fonz. These are gifts that groove.
On day 8 of our 12 days of Christmas Gift Guides, we move into the ethereal. Mystic, moving and gracious, these treats that enchant and charm will keep you and everyone around you smiling.
In the second of our 12 days of Christmas Gift Guides we zero in on gifts that comfort and soothe. The world certainly needs to feel safe and cozy these days and we are convinced a few of these selections may help!
Nothing says Thanksgiving quite like a good savoury sage stuffing. I’ve been using this recipe for years and it’s a winner every time.
If you’re looking to make a statement, gold always works. Our gold hostess gifts will be sure to knock her socks off.
1. Celebration Champagne Glasses from Chapters/Indigo $38.00 – Because holiday cocktails should never be dull!
2. MyKronoz ZeBracelet2 Smartwatch – Rose Gold 99$ – It tells time, streams music, allows you to answer calls and also displays text messages!
3. Metallic Gold Paper Straws from Etsy $5.81 – These make even a kale smoothie taste festive!
4. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss – Golden Opportunity 230 -$4.99 Gold is the new red.
5. Classic Gold Ingot Swiss Army Knife $280 – Elegant and timeless.
6. Logitech Gold Tendrils Wireless Mouse – Heighten her desk to new levels.
7. Gold Stag Place Card Holder 14.95 – Can you imagine a holiday table adorned with these stately gems?
8. MAKE UP FOR EVER Metal Powder $28 – In the corner of the eye, or as all-over shadow, she could audition for a James Bond film.
9. 2014-2015 Kate Spade Large Planner Black Stripe $38.00 – She will never forget an appointment with this beauty!
10. Celebration Champagne Glasses from Chapters/Indigo $38.00
It may be the dead of winter with snow tumbling and frost biting your toes, but flowers should never be far away. We’ve found a few floral gifts that will make your spirit bloom.
1. April Cornell Tablecloth: $34 – $109 – From napkins to dresses, these designes say ‘romance’.
2. Peppermint Hand Cream from the awesome Chapters/Indigo buyers $12 – Willing to bet they won’t even throw away the packaging it’s so pretty.
3. Expression Floral Necklace: $18.75 – A great price for a statement necklace!
4. Redfish Kids Swing Dress: $54 – My ‘go-to’ dresses for little girls.
5. American Tourister Color Your World Luggage: $60 – I own this model and it’s my favourite carry-on. each time I travel to Disney!
6. Capri Wallpaper by Superfresco Easy: $40 – Refreshing a room by papering even just one wall will bring the garden inside.
7. Liberty of London Wiltshire Planner $60 – I simply couldn’t be grumpy with this agenda in my purse.
8. Denby Monsoon Plates $19.99 – These ceramics are stylish, durable and make me want to bake scones for the perfect teatime.
9. Lacey Purple Flower Bath Rug: $24.99 – It could be a bloom or a hugefirework!
10. Party Ark Floral Bunting: 11.90 – The simplest of parties become festive when you hang bunting.
I love this recipe for a very quick breakfast frittata. It looks especially divine with fresh chives drizzled throughout!
10 tiny tomatoes chopped in half
3 slices cubed bread
1/2 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 c milk
1T olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a bowl as you heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook 4 minutes. Try not to touch it as it cooks. Using two spatulas, gently flip over your frittata and cook another 2 minutes.
Cut and serve.