Affectionately known as Star Wars Day, May the Fourth has become the Christmas for inner geeks everywhere. My sons and I will be traveling to Disney World for the Social Media Moms Celebration and fellow travellers will witness us in a couple of stormtroopers and Rae costumes!
It may be the dead of winter with snow tumbling and frost biting your toes, but flowers should never be far away. We’ve found a few floral gifts that will make your spirit bloom.
1. April Cornell Tablecloth: $34 – $109 – From napkins to dresses, these designes say ‘romance’.
2. Peppermint Hand Cream from the awesome Chapters/Indigo buyers $12 – Willing to bet they won’t even throw away the packaging it’s so pretty.
3. Expression Floral Necklace: $18.75 – A great price for a statement necklace!
4. Redfish Kids Swing Dress: $54 – My ‘go-to’ dresses for little girls.
5. American Tourister Color Your World Luggage: $60 – I own this model and it’s my favourite carry-on. each time I travel to Disney!
6. Capri Wallpaper by Superfresco Easy: $40 – Refreshing a room by papering even just one wall will bring the garden inside.
7. Liberty of London Wiltshire Planner $60 – I simply couldn’t be grumpy with this agenda in my purse.
8. Denby Monsoon Plates $19.99 – These ceramics are stylish, durable and make me want to bake scones for the perfect teatime.
9. Lacey Purple Flower Bath Rug: $24.99 – It could be a bloom or a hugefirework!
10. Party Ark Floral Bunting: 11.90 – The simplest of parties become festive when you hang bunting.
When the call of Disney becons, you jump for joy and begin sprinkling the pixie dust! It’s like somebody handing over lottery winnings or granting three wishes. What is a ‘Disney Side‘? I think it is pure joy. Happiness. The innocence and wonder of youth. We all harbour these qualities within ourselves, and yet we all express them differently. A Disney celebration does not have to include princess gowns or animation. In fact, our celebration took bits from many Disney ideals and moments and overlayed them all onto a formal dinner that celebrated kids and adults alike.
We set our celebration with eight adults and four children. The adult table was formal with crystal, linen and silver. Kids had many Disney inspired stuffies and themed napkins. I had the kids type names for place card adorned with Mickey Mouse faces and glue them to thick cards edged in black. The kids learned how to properly set a table and they were given ‘wine’ glasses for their Monsters Inc. juice.
As guests arrived, they were greeted at the door by our two sons wearing their Mickey ears. We began our celebration with a run around our little island and the winner was awarded a copy of the new Frozen on Blu-ray. Of course, that is the soundtrack that played throughout. I may or may not have belted ‘Let it Go’ with Idina Menzel…
Next, we played Disney Bingo as we nibbled on snowflake-shaped cheeses covered in Ocean Spray Craisins.
Dinner was a huge hit, though I didn’t quite bank on the hours of cleanup necessitated by pulling out the good dishes!
Our DisneySide Menu:
Snowflake-shaped hard cheeses sprinkled with Craisins
Lobster Mickey Cream Pappardelle
Homemade Mickey Cheese Sauce for the Kids
Mickey-shaped garlic bread sprinkled with kale
Mickey Trouser Cupcakes
Disney Sugar Cookies
We ended the evening by giving each guest a lithograph of Minnie and Mickey, along with a few personalized photos of the run around the island printed on HP photo cards. All of the goodies were served up in the American Tourister luggage that all of the party supplies arrived in.
And that is my Disney Side! All I can say is that I should have done a few more laps for the run to make up for the lobster cream sauce and sugar cookies!
Disclosure: This #DisneySide Home Celebration was sponsored by Disney, and UrbanMommies received products as compensation for hosting this celebration. All opinions and styling are our own.