Affectionately known as Star Wars Day, May the Fourth has become the Christmas for inner geeks everywhere. My sons and I will be traveling to Disney World for the Social Media Moms Celebration and fellow travellers will witness us in a couple of stormtroopers and Rae costumes!
With Mother’s Day approaching Sunday, we wanted to share our favourite May the Fourth Star Wars picks. And also, my inner Princess Leia would be thrilled to be given just about any of them! Like, I do. These gifts we chose.
- The Force Awakens Purses from ThinkGeek. BB8 here I come!
- Who doesn’t need a Star Wars Waffle Maker? Available via Amazon.
- The Star Wars Lightsaber Cutlery Set adds a little sci-fi spectacle to any meal. Just add your own cutting repartee. From The Fowndry.
- Make the Jump to Light Speed with the Stride Rite Hyperdrive Light Saber sneaker. It features the iconic Jedi lightsaber. There’s a hook-and-loop closure, and the heel has Hyperdrive-inspired lights that shine with every step.
- Firefly, the leader in children’s oral care solutions, is helping parents harness some of the Star Wars excitement to win the daily “Brush Battle” with their young Padawans. The new Firefly Star Wars Lightsaber toothbrush, now available, brings galactic fun to the daily brushing routine – and it’s available in both Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Vader models so little ones can choose the light side or the dark side. The addition of flashing lights, sound effects and voices help transform brush time into playtime and keeps kids brushing the recommended time to keep the dark side of cavities away!
- Rey Stainless Steel Charm Bracelet from Amazon.
- Covergirl embraced the opening of The Force Awakens by creating two looks using their great formulas. Aside from the epic packaging, the nail lacquer never chips, and the mascara makes me look like I have eyelash extensions!
a) Droid featuring a luminous look that reflects the light side in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. A swatch of golden eye shadow across lids and cheekbones sets the tone, with glistening lips punctuating the lustrous palette.
a) Stormtrooper featuring a strong and graphic look to represent the power from the Dark Side. The eyes dominate with a black winged liner and white contrasts. Lips measure up in a deep, mysterious red.
- The R2D2 Measuring Cup Set from Think Geek will help you make galactic pancakes every weekend!
- UNICEF Kid Power Band from Target. UNICEF Kid Power Band – Star Wars Limited Edition Black. The UNICEF Kid Power gives kids the power to save lives. By getting active with the UNICEF Kid Power Band, kids go on missions to earn points and unlock therapeutic food packets for severely malnourished children around the world!
- Back off kids. They are mine! Star Wars Band-Aids are available at Band-Aid.com.
- Can you imaging carrying this Darth Vader luggage through the airport on May the Fourth? I may need to whip out to Best Buy to grab this pronto!
- Last but certainly not least… my very own remote controlled BB8 droid from Canadian Tire!
May the force be with you all. I’m going shopping!