It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential.
This Sunday, September 20th is Rediscover Nature Day! As school revs up and life becomes more structured, we all need to be reminded to stay connected with nature. Our challenge for you is to get outside for at least an hour with your family on Sunday
Those who know me realize that I search ebay almost as often as I scan Instagram. My searches generally involve antique china, rockabilly dresses and steamer trunks, but as autumn approaches I must be
Wouldn’t it be awesome to send the kids to school with healthier snacks? You just may win free Rice Krispies for a year. Oh yeah!!!! Introducing, Kelloggs Rice Krispies Muffins using Multi-grain shapes.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes cereal
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
1. In small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Set aside for topping.
2. Stir together flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG’S MULTIGRAIN SHAPES cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and chocolate morsels. Beat well. Add flour mixture,stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with sugar-cinnamon topping.
4. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
1. Prepare as above. Portion 1/4 cup batter into 12 paper-lined custard cups. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon topping. Arrange 6 cups on
microwave-safe plate in center of microwave.
2. Cook on HIGH 2 minutes. Rotate the plate 1/4 turn and cook on HIGH 1 minute longer. With hot pads, carefully remove muffins from microwave and place on wire rack. Repeat with remaining muffins. Let stand on wire rack 5 minutes before serving.
Announcing the “Win Rice Krispies Cereal for a Year” Contest – hosted by Urban Mommies and part of our 12 Days of Giveaways contests.
All you need to do is tweet directly to us with your child’s artwork using the hashtag #RKShapesContest, and we will randomly pick a winner when the contest is done.
For full contest rules and regulations, please click here.
Enjoy! Oh – and about that free Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Multigrain Shapes for a year…. You can fill out our handy Rafflecopter form below, and good luck. Ends Dec. 12/31. Canada only / excl. Quebec.
Let’s play a game to test your knowledge of coffee, shall we? Let’s see where you fall on Canadian consumer coffee behavior spectrum. (This is for giggles, but there will be a chance to win a huge prize in our giveaway if you also choose to enter!) It’s the McCafe Coffee Quiz!
1. What percentage of Canadians ages 18-79 drank coffee yesterday?
2. How much of all of that coffee is consumed at home?
3. Coffee drinkers in Canada drink an average of this many cups per day:
4. What other beverage besides coffee is the most popular?
5. Do men consume more coffee than women, or is it the other way around?
a. Men more then women
b. Women more than men
6. True or False? Canadians drink more single-serve coffees than Americans.
7. Out of 100 people who drank coffee yesterday, how many brewed it in a single-serve machine?
8. What’s the percentage of people who drink coffee at breakfast?
9. True or false – the number of people who buy morning coffee at a store is about the same as people who brew at home.
10. When people dine out, how many out of 100 will order a coffee?
c. ALL (that’s not correct but we appreciate your enthusiasm).
1.c, 2.b, 3.b, 4.b, 5.a, 6.a, 7.b, 8.b, 9.a, 10.a.
If you scored 1-3 correct: You are not snobby about your coffee but I’m thinking we can change your mind if you get your hands on a Tassimo Coffee Machine – T65 Model and 2 Bags of McCafé Premium Roast Tassimo T-Discs.
If you got 4-7 correct: You recognize that coffee is the stuff of life and that it’s all in the beans. You probably quaff about three cups per day and breathe in the aromas with your hands cupped around the mug.
8+ right? You can pick, roast and grind a bean and tell exactly where it was harvested. You may have a slight appliance issue in your kitchen because you purchase every new frothing machine and coffeemaker on the market.
For the record, this is where the UrbanMommies team falls so you are in well-caffeinated company.
Did the stats surprise you? I was a bit shocked that 29% of Canadians enjoy brewed coffee at home in the morning, compared to the 28% of Canadians that buy their coffee out of the house. And now they don’t have to because you can get McCafé in the grocery store. Epic!
Here’s the giveaway part. Fill in the handy rafflecopter form and you could win:
- Tassimo Coffee Machine (T65 Model)
- 2 Bags of McCafé Premium Roast Tassimo T-Discs
- Travel Mug
- Reusable Grocery Bag
- Magnetic Grocery List
We can’t wait to read your comments about your go-to coffee drink!! Good luck!
Contest closes October 31,2014. Canada only (excluding Quebec).
This contest is sponsored by McDonalds Canada. All opinions are my own.