Here at UrbanMommies we have a huge passion for gardening. And cooking. And sewing. And decorating. OK we really love life, but gardening is very close to the top of the list. It was hard to choose just 10 items for this guide, but we think we’ve made some fun choices if you’re in the market to get gifts for gardeners!
- Organic Vegetable Heirloom seeds are super special because you can save them year over year and they will actually reproduce – unlike genetically modified seeds. I know – icky, right?
- The Drunken Botanist is a fabulous book about growing plant in your garden to make cocktails. Sake began with a grain of rice. Scotch emerged from barley, tequila from agave, rum from sugarcane, bourbon from corn. Thirsty yet? This fascinating concoction of biology, chemistry, history, etymology, and mixology–with more than fifty drink recipes and growing tips for gardeners–will make you the most popular guest at any cocktail party.
- I discovered Weck Jars only last year and my canning has been truly elevated to the next level. Constructed all of glass, these beautiful velles warrant the work you put into your preserves! The only problem is that you don’t really ever want to give them as gifts. Or maybe that’s just me.
- Speaking of canning, this Canning Starter Kit is how I began, and the tools are still perfect today. The pot is also great for lobster and crab….
- Remember the birdfeeders of old? Thought so. Probably what made you think gardening was no fun! This Sagaform Modern Bird Feeder will change your mind. Or the gardener you’re gifting it to.. WINK.
- The Organization for Bat Conservation endorses this Bat House, which should be a staple for any homeowner. Wait for it. Just one bat is capable of consuming more than 500 night-flying insects in a single hour! And as an added bonus, bats provide nutrient rich fertilizer in the form of bat guano, a prized fertilizer with high levels of phosphorus and nitrogen, two of plant’s favorite nutrients. Told ya.
- This Propogator with Hygrometer combines a propagator with an electronic hygrometer/thermometer, so you can maintain and monitor greenhouse-like conditions throughout the seedstarting process. So, like getting a head start on growing season if it snows in your neck of the woods.
- Ever since we visited the Four Seasons in Vancouver, I’ve wanted onw of these. The Urban Cultivator Microgreen indoor garden growing system let you grow nutrient-rich microgreens that also make your food look like a zillion bucks.
- Adorable Spoon Garden Markers to make your beds look all artsy.
- Any pizza lovers on your list? Ha. Like everyone. this Grow Pizza Kit from Uncommon Goods is a winner.
Our Full 2016 Holiday Gift Guide:
Gifts for Babies so Cool they Look like Bono is Their Uncle
Non-Dreidel Hanukkah Gifts
Gifts for Crafty Kids that are Already Selling Creations Online
Crap for Millennials who are Rocking Life in the Best Way
Gifts for Pokemon Crazed Kids and their Pokemon Crazed Parents
MIL Gifts for the Mother in Law you Don’t Want to Offend
Stuff for Geeks so Geeky they Think Belt Buckle Collections are Passe
Traveler Gifts that will Make you Want to Board a Plane Now
Gifts for the Gardeners you Dig
Wheelie Toys for Kids on a Mission
Grandparent Gifts that will Make them Cry so Hard they Need to Stuff more Tissues up their Sleeves
Gifts for People you think are too Rich to Need Anything Else
Gifts for Lumbersexual Guys
Hostess Treats they Won’t Regift
Stocking Stuffers that Give Back
STEM Toy Gifts
All gift ideas have been editorially chosen by our staff; there is no compensation in exchange for recommendations. UrbanMommies is an Amazon affiliate partner. Some affiliate links appear in this guide, and clicking on them to shop helps to support what we do. You don’t have to…but if you do, thanks for that!