It seems like shopping for the holiday season is getting harder and harder. Finding a unique gift that can not only be enjoyed by all, but also has some staying power, can be difficult – but not impossible!
Good news. Disney Infinity 3.0 is no flash-in-the-pan. With forward capability, your 1.0 and 2.0 characters are able to play in the Toy Box, where imagination and creativity reign. Even better news? This means that you’re signing up for a long-term investment with continual added value.
When my boys – ages 7 and 9 – saw the Twilight of the Republic Starter Pack for the first time, they actually stopped watching an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars so they could become the Clone Wars characters themselves. When I then showed them Olaf, Chewbacca and Han Solo, they nearly fell over. And when Joy and Anger from Disney Pixar’s Inside Out emerged, they were stunned in silence.
At this point, I must interject with my own reaction. Deep breath. I’m not a very good gamer. Even when I was 12, I couldn’t figure out how to get Super Mario to jump over the mushrooms or rocks or whatever they were. Like many moms who have hit 40, I try to seem ‘wicked cool’ and hip, but inside, I feel intimidated and scared to try all of these new games. So as the boys were bouncing off the walls and preparing themselves… I was frozen. No direct Disney pun intended.
I ‘let’ them go first and watched carefully. Soon enough though, my anxiety subsided – it looked SO MUCH EASIER than I imagined. So, (when the kids weren’t looking) I hopped into the tutorials and everything became crystal clear. Here are some standout items:
- The characters have a great range of personal style and the controls are really responsive, which is great for both children and more sophisticated gamers
- There are a variety of different gameplay options. You can mix characters in the Toy Box mode, so you can experience characters from Star Wars, Marvel, Disney and Disney Pixar and play with them together! Then, when playing the Play Sets, this is where all of the characters are true to the story from which they originated.
- Since all Disney Infinity figures, toys and Power Discs are compatible with the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, this means that your Disney Infinity investment can carry over! Plus, less toys in the landfill, and as your kids find new favourite Disney films, you can bet that Disney Interactive will continue to supply characters for the Infinity franchise.
- Play Together – It is much easier to drop in or out of the game, creating more enriched opportunities for families to play together without burning dinner or hearing ‘I NEED to play to the end Mommy!!!!’
Ways to play Disney Infinity 3.0:
- Immersive Play Sets – Star Wars, Disney Pixar and Marvel Play Sets introduce epic adventures and immersive gameplay. Each Play Set is story-driven and provides players a multi-level, true-to-property experience.
- Toy Box Mode – Endless hours of play Where your imagination can run free!An enhanced Toy Box interface makes it easier for players to choose from a variety of family-friendly gameplay options – from platform, racing and farming simulation games – and activities to inspire players to create their own worlds in the Toy Box.
- Toy Box Expansion Games – The newly enhanced Toy Box features two new adventure games that players can play in and customize using unlocked toys, gadgets and any in-game character from across the Disney Infinity universe, including characters from Disney Infinity (1.0 Edition) and Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition)
For an approximate retail price of $74.99, The Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack includes 1 Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition video game software, 2 Star Wars figures: Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker, Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base, Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set piece, and a Web Code card that unlocks content for PC/mobile.
- Play Sets: $39.99 MSRP
- Toy Box Expansion Games: $23.99 MSRP
- Figures: $16.99 MSRP
The verdict? This one is a keeper, and will also create a new bonding opportunity for my family. I can finally be my favourite Frozen characters while the boys pick theirs. Spending time actually learning and being given guidance that was understandable brought me not only closer to my boys, but has heightened my confidence about gaming. Being able to transfer my love of Disney films into a virtual world with amazing graphics has actually given me a deeper respect for the characters in the films. This is one toy that won’t end up in a landfill. You’ll just have to figure out which day of the week will be ‘Family Disney Infinity Night!’
For more guidance for first-times, Mashable has a great article here.
This post was sponsored by Disney Interactive. The views and opinions expressed in this blog, however, are purely my own.
[…] is what you’ve been waiting for, everyone!! After last week’s Disney Infinity 3.0 review, we can now run our grand Disney Infinity 3.0 […]