Who’s been there? The mother in law that you truly want to impress, but face creams may give her the impression that you think she’s got wrinkles. A plane ticket away may indicate you’d rather she not be around much… Here are a few ‘safe’ ideas for mother in law gifts that she’ll cherish. You’re welcome.
- Help your MIL stay comfortable this winter and alleviate dry skin with La Roche-Posay Lipikar Fluide. It provides soothing and hydrating care and administers long-term protection from external aggressions. $29.
- Give her the ability to host fun family movie nights with a cool BENQ projector. Using a sheet or light coloured wall, the only thing left for her to do is make popcorn. $949.72 (at there are cheaper models as well).
- With character that can’t be denied, Illume’s vanity tins are designed for pure enjoyment. Inspired by a retro cake tin, this gorgeous vessel comes filled with soy wax blended with essential oils and an all-cotton wick. This scent from Illume really captures the winter spirit. Aromatic evergreen and frosted cypress are dusted with white peppercorn, spicy-cool cardamom and a sparkling citrus nuance, perfectly wrapped in glowing amber. Burn time: 50 hours. $24.50
- This Glass and Metal Jam Jar is so precious she’ll keep it out all year round – and constantly invite you to tea. $39.50
- A limited edition turntable produced in collaboration with the 92-year old electronics company Crosley. The Commonwealth C10 Leather record player from Moore and Giles outfits Crosley’s highest end record player with an inlaid layer of leather and companion leather slip mat. $840
- We’ve always loved Blurb for publishing photo books, recipe compilations and ebooks, but they also sell other incredible tomes! These aren’t like typical planners; Drift incorporates journaling, prioritizing self love, inspiring artwork, and is packed with helpful tips and advice to becoming less stressed every day! $21.16
- During the next snow storm, let her hunker down and watch ‘It’s A Wonderful Life‘ 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition Blu-ray from Paramount Media.
- The Kindle Paperwhite is always an incredible treat for a reader. She can read it on the beach without glare, and you can always send her ebooks for birthdays!
- Sugarwish is a revolutionary candy company where you can deliver beautiful boxes of sweets that the recipient picks themselves instead of gift cards that take up precious room in your wallet. Try the Ultimate Sugarwish. It’s the best way to spread Holiday cheer is by giving candy to family and friends this year $70.
- Wimbledon Gifts. It may not be strawberry season right now, but the tennis-loving MIL in your life will cherish these until the season reopens. The Rain Mug is $16 and there are also aprons and other fun kitchen items available.
Our Full 2016 Holiday Gift Guide:
Gifts for Babies so Cool they Look like Bono is Their Uncle
Non-Dreidel Hanukkah Gifts
Gifts for Crafty Kids that are Already Selling Creations Online
Crap for Millennials who are Rocking Life in the Best Way
Gifts for Pokemon Crazed Kids and their Pokemon Crazed Parents
MIL Gifts for the Mother in Law you Don’t Want to Offend
Stuff for Geeks so Geeky they Think Belt Buckle Collections are Passe
Traveler Gifts that will Make you Want to Board a Plane Now
Gifts for the Gardeners you Dig
Wheelie Toys for Kids on a Mission
Grandparent Gifts that will Make them Cry so Hard they Need to Stuff more Tissues up their Sleeves
Gifts for People you think are too Rich to Need Anything Else
Gifts for Lumbersexual Guys
Hostess Treats they Won’t Regift
Stocking Stuffers that Give Back
STEM Toy Gifts
All gift ideas have been editorially chosen by our staff; there is no compensation in exchange for recommendations. UrbanMommies is an Amazon affiliate partner. Some affiliate links appear in this guide, and clicking on them to shop helps to support what we do. You don’t have to…but if you do, thanks for that!