Generation Z is defined as people born from the mid-1990s to the early 2000’s and makes up 25% of the North American population, making them a larger cohort than the Baby Boomers or Millennials, and we have made a 2018 gen z gift guide in their honour. These kids are growing up in a world not defined by geographical borders, where influencers are bigger celebrities than movie stars, and where dating is more likely to happen in a group than one on one. There is also a ton of brand loyalty, mem fandom, and a deep dedication to saving the planet. Here are our picks. For the record, I ran them by my 2 Gen Z boys and got a double thumbs-up. I learned so much from Trendera at the Beaches Resorts Social Media on the Sand Conference and needed to share! Oh – and a few contain affiliate links, allowing us to keep running this site and bringing you great editorial.
Supreme 1. Not only is this generation used to extensive travel, but anything with ‘Supreme’ on it will be a mega-hit. Luggage Tags $15
2. All Vans, all the time. This Peanuts Cap gives a nod to past trends and generations filled with lightness. $18
3. Even if your kids aren’t big dinghy sailors, the Pop Socket trend is still huge. These little mobile phone holders enable easier selfies and also help the phone stand on a table. Opti Pop Socket $15
4. The name says it all. And especially if you are Canadian, the toque is a must. Savage Beanie $10
5. Ever since travelling through the Amalfi Coast, I have coveted everything pom pom. And the younger generation is taking the lead on this trend. Here’s a cute one for any decor. Pom pom garland $18
6. Every one of these bracelets sold helps to eliminate 1 pound of plastic and trash from the oceans or coastlines. Plus, they are super-stylish. 4 Ocean Bracelet $20
7. Gotta love a meme. And what kind of kid wants a laptop of bedroom door that’s not covered in stickers?? Meme Stickers $12
8. The younger set introduced me to Kylie Cosmetics. Apparently, I was the last to know!!! Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit $46
9. I snagged one of these at the Beaches Resorts Social Media on the Sand conference. The instant gratification and clarity of the images is everything!! Fujifilm Instax Mini Neo Classic Camera $124
10. Kids these days are choosing to make their park presenting to the outside world. Whether it’s on Instagram, recording a gaming screen for YouTube or becoming a podcaster, we’re all for getting their style and ideas out to the world! Behringer Podcast Bundle $100
The full set of 2018 Holiday Gift Guides:
Looking for more ideas? Check out our guides from years past!