I’m a very proud, self-professed Geek. I’m not a natural talent, but working hard to improve my prowess. The items herein are all those I covet, and just like a few of our other guides, I may just have to make a second one as the holiday season goes along. A few of the items contain affiliate links, which support the website and our team should you choose to purchase through them. If you have any more suggestions for our 2018 Geeky Gift Guide please add them in the comments!
1. Create a vibrant ambiance with Hue Play light bars. You mount the adhesive bars on the back of your TV or on the mantel and enhance your viewing experience with splashes of light surrounding your television. Choose from 16 million colors to experience different light effects. You can even sync light to your favorite music and see how light reacts to the rhythm. Paint your wall with light and deepen every moment! Philips Hue Play lights $125
2. You can truly get creative with the Apple pencil for ipad Pro. It’s super-sensitive on the screen, and you can vary line weight, create subtle shading, and produce a wide range of artistic effects. Or write your auto-biography with stunning cursive. Because we know that’s the end goal, right? $95
3. Only read this one if your dog isn’t on a diet like mine!! The Furbo Dog Camera is a ridiculously fun device that will tank your productivity at work. Not only can you call your mutt and toss him a tread out of the refillable compartment, but there is livestream video to monitor your pet with a wide-angle view, day and night. Oh, and the 2-Way Chat & BARKING ALERT will drive the person in the cubicle next to you MAD. Bwa ha ha…. $199
4. Whether you’re taking to the skies alongside your drone, or dipping into an alternate universe, the Moverio BT-300 Smart Glasses (developer edition) have the unprecedented ability to make dreams a reality. The highly transparent glasses feature groundbreaking Si-OLED display and a high-resolution camera. Seamlessly integrating digital content with the outside world, the BT-300 Smart Glasses give drone videographers the ability to see what they’re capturing in real-time, rather than post-flight. Don’t own a drone? With wireless and Bluetooth Smart (BLE) connectivity, the Moverio Smart Glasses support a wide range of accessories, making them a versatile gift for any techie. $900
5. I have the R2D2, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper versions of these, and every time I step on a flight at least two people geek out with me. American Tourister Chewbacca Luggage $65
6. If you’re used to running after little ones while wearing pocket-less yoga pants, this is for you. My Phone Pouch $35
7. Crave for Apple Products! Canadians now have direct access to the all-new Crave via an app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV. Additionally, now through December 10, 2018, first-time customers can enjoy exclusive offers including 50% off for the first four months with a monthly subscription. With programming streaming on the app at the same time as the live broadcasts, Crave is home to current HBO and SHOWTIME series and specials, Hollywood hit movies, VICE programming and a wicked collection of kids’ content. $10-$20/mth.
8. This gadget has been advertised all over Instagram lately, and it solves a real problem if you haven’t set up a good photo storage solution on your computer. This stick will find images in emails and on your hard drive so they end up in one place. Picture Keeper. $80
9. Who doesn’t want to 3D-print mini-me’s and random objects? It’s not a question of need. Qidi Tech 3D Printer. $587
10. I covet vintage typewriters but they don’t help me much in the digital age. This is the best of both worlds. Azio Elwood Bluetooth Typewriter keyboard for your computer. $219
The full set of 2018 Holiday Gift Guides:
Looking for more ideas? Check out our guides from years past!