It is already day 7, and our editorial board is famished and thirsty. We put ‘Gifts that Quench and Indulge’ together while salivating and are very much looking forward to a cocktail now! In case you missed any, we’ve done a round-up of all of our guides, along with a chance to win $250 in Visa gift cards.
1. 19TH Century Deluxe Cocktail Bundle: I am a longtime fan of the Fabulous Beekman Boys, and their charming, quirky program. Their cookbooks are full of the sort of recipes that reflect their philosophy of flavor and life. When Josh Kilmer-Purcell (advertising executive and NY Times Bestselling author of I Am Not Myself These Days & The Bucolic Plague) and his partner Brent Ridge (physician and former Vice President of Healthy Living for Martha Stewart Omnimedia) purchased the historic Beekman 1802 Farm in 2007, they had no idea that it would launch one of the “fastest growing lifestyle brands in the country.” From their Christmas offerings 2015 from their Beekman 1802 Mercantile, comes the 19th Century Cocktail Bundle.
I discovered this fabulous “bundle”. This 19th Century Cocktail Bundle has Beekman 1802 essentials to help you create delicious historic cocktails, including the award-winning cocktail author Warren Bobrow’s Apothecary Cocktails. Bobrow, also known as The Cocktail Whisperer, crafted this ESSENTIAL cocktail recipe book. Includes: Bitters Truth Serum, Barrel In a Bottle – Individual Cocktail Aging Kit, Liquid Lunchbox and Apothecary Cocktail Book. $111.75
2. Beachbum Berry Tiki Book & Skull Bar Spoon: Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them strains five centuries of fascinating history through a cocktail shaker, serving up 77 vintage Caribbean drink recipes — 16 of them “lost” recipes that have never before been published anywhere in any form, and another 19 that have never been published in book form. $27.95
3. No Kid Hungry Chef Series Spatula: Baking is extra fun with this cheery spatula, created in partnership with American Girl™ to benefit No Kid Hungry® in its campaign to end childhood hunger in America. Featuring exclusive American Girl™ art, the spatula has a paintbrush-style handle that encourages proper grip, making it an especially great tool for younger bakers. The oversized head excels at scooping and scraping large quantities, as well as mixing, blending and folding. BPA-free silicone head won’t chip or crack and is heat resistant up to 600ºF. Paintbrush-style beechwood handle is ergonomically shaped for comfort and control. Your purchase benefits No Kid Hungry®. $12.95
4. Toy Subscription Box: Your child will love learning with our Please and Carrots toys – we work with a child psychologist to select the best toys and books for each developmental stage. We are here for you as parents – we believe in building confidence and supporting parents through helpful and positive tips from our child development expert panel. We save you time and effort – we deliver a thoughtful and beautifully packaged box to your (or your gift recipient’s) door, quarterly. $349 for 1 year’s worth of quarterly boxes.
5. Mocktails: It started for one simple reason: Family and friends had been struggling for years with the lack of good choices when not “drinking” in social situations. We experienced the questions you’re asked if you’re seen with a water or soda at a party: Why aren’t you drinking? Don’t you want to have fun? Is something wrong? Did you know that almost half of US adults are non-drinkers? The reasons are many: athletes, pregnancy, religion, medications, recovery, or just because you’re trying to lose weight or be healthier…the list goes on. Even those of us who do drink will abstain for lots of reasons: you’re driving, you’re doing business, you have to get up really early to bring your kids to a practice or game in the morning, or maybe you have enjoyed a drink, and now you want to transition before hitting the road. $39.99
6. As readers in Canada know, President’s Choice is a huge time-saving favourite of mine. Remember that survey from the fall saying that 42 per cent of people said they ate more dinners as a family growing up than their kids eat with them and they are often stuck for quick dinners? Here’s another quick and easy sauce to quench and indulge. Truffle Aioli Whipped Dressing: This classic Provençal-style aioli made with traditional ingredients including extra virgin olive oil, egg yolk, lemon juice and garlic, is elevated further with the infusion of robust, earthy black truffle oil..
7. Imagine Tee 2015:15% of the proceeds from your purchase of this limited edition tee will be donated directly to Why Hunger™ to help fight childhood hunger and poverty worldwide. Grey, 50% cotton, 50% polyester crew neck, short sleeve features a peace sign with ‘imagine there’s no hunger’ lyrics. Co-branded custom design with Lyric Culture®. Sizes range from S-XXL. Please note, lyrics will be printed on the inside of the tee. This tee is also non-city specific. $29.50
8. Tony Abou-Ganim (TAG) is widely regarded as one of the pioneering and leading bar professionals in the world. He has made dozens of national TV appearances on shows including TODAY, Iron Chef America, Good Morning America, CNBC, Fox News and more. Abou-Ganim is the author of The Modern Mixologist: Contemporary Classic Cocktails (Agate, 2010), Modern Mixology: Making Great Cocktails at Home and Vodka Distilled (Agate, 2013). Abou-Ganim has also won three Iron Chef America competitions; pairing cocktails with Iron Chef Mario Batali; with Iron Chef Jose Garces and most recently with challenger Chef Sean McClain.
9. Xyla Brand Xylitol Sauce Sampler: Xylitol is naturally occurring in many of the fruits and vegetables we eat on a daily basis. Once extracted and processed it yields a white, crystalline granule that can be used in any recipe that calls for sugar. It’s good for your teeth, stabilizes insulin and hormone levels, promotes good health and has none of the negative side effects of white sugar or artificial sweeteners. It contains only 2.4 calories per gram and is slowly absorbed as a complex carbohydrate. Xylitol looks like sugar, tastes like sugar, and is the same sweetness as sugar – making it the ideal natural sugar replacement. This kit comes with: Xylitol sweetened Ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Buffalo Wing Sauce, and Sesame Teriyaki Sauce. On Sale! $24.99
10.The Wisdom of Merlin: 7 Magical Words for a Meaningful Life: Based on an address he gave to students at the University of Oxford in 2013, T.A. Barron, author of the New York Times bestselling Merlin Saga, channels the wizard Merlin and offers advice on how to live a meaningful life. Divided into sections, each revolving around a magical word, this book poetically explores the concepts of Gratitude, Courage, Knowledge, Belief, Wonder, Generosity, Hope, and Love. A gem of inspiration, this is the perfect graduation gift, sure to encourage readers of all ages to live life to the fullest. $13.00
Our full Holiday Guide: