It’s Day 6 of our 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides and with US Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday approaching, our mood is incredibly optimistic! We’ve curated some of the cleanest, finest gifts that sparkle for your holidays. In case you missed any, we’ve done a round-up of all of our guides, along with a chance to win $250 in Visa gift cards.
1. Biopop Dino Pet Light up the night: with life! With this unique and beautifully designed micro-aquarium, you get to grow and maintain a colony of real creatures that actually light up with beautiful bioluminescence. Seriously – it’s like the Sea Monkeys you ordered from old Archie comics but these don’t die in a day! Dinoflagellates, or dinos as they’re nicknamed, are a type of saltwater-dwelling single-celled plankton that people normally have to travel miles and miles to see in nature. There’s Dino Pet food and a wonderous see-through micro-aquarium, shaped like a Dino of course. $59.95
2. Edison Light Chandelier: I noticed these bulbs on a recent trip to Istanbul and was immediately smitten with their vintage-inspired but modern sparkle. Little did I know that I could find them on Etsy… Whole light fixture: $450
3. Sparkling Clean Water. A gift of $50 via World Vision provides one person with clean water that lasts. I spent time in Liberia and saw first hand how a society unravels without access to clean water. Clean water frees children from deadly water-related diseases, liberates women and children from a life spent gathering dirty water and opens the door to education, a promising future, and a full life. You’ll receive photos and updates to see how you’ve helped transform entire communities. Unsafe water contributes to more child deaths than AIDS and malaria combined. $50.00
4. Nova Scotian Crystal was on my registry when I married and I collect it religiously. Hand blown in Nova Scotia, Canada the historic patterns rival the best crystal producers worldwide. Champagne flute in Annnapolis pattern. $98.00
5. Crayola Glitter Markers make me want to relive my childhood. Can you imagine the drawings you could make on walls and dressers with these!! Surpirse mom!! $5.99
6. The Coach Hologram Crosby Crossbody bag raises any outfit to trendsetter level, and the colour variations make this amazing hologram collection match with thousands of colours. $275.00
7. Silver baby cups aren’t just for the littles. Once baby is all grown up mom deserves to be served a fancy cocktail in one. If you’ve misplaced yours, or want to complete a set of eight, you can try Tiffany and Co. or source vintage cups on Ebay.
8. This girl’s silk crepe Winter 2015 dress from Dior makes me feel entirely underdressed. I will be right back after a closet overhaul and wardrobe makeover.
9. Jude Frances designs forward-thinking internationally-inspired jewelry for the chicest clients. We feature earrings from the Malta Collection (this season also includes Provence and Morocco) a pair of pave beaded oval stone earrings. $1760.00
10. CND’s new winter Aurora Collection in VINYLUX allows you to wear splarkly nail art with superior polishes that last a full week without chipping. CND is actually the first company to make Shellac polish, and prides itself on not damaging the nail like other gel competitors. (I know this because I have tried others after a salon said ‘it’s all the same’ and will never go back to anything but CND). Vinylux also comes in 107 colours that replicate Shellac, so if your gel manicure grows out you can do touch-ups. $10.50
Our full Holiday Guide: