At some time in every mom’s life she wonders how to make a peacock costume. Ok maybe. But if not you should try this (even for yourself as an alternative to the less than classy adult costumes that you can buy these days..). This isn’t meat to be a gown that lasts forever so we haven’t hemmed and tapered. If you sew well, you can adapt it!
How To Make a Peacock Costume
peacock feathers from a craft store
2m sparkly aquamarine fabric
needle and thread
while leotard and tights to wear underneath
1. reverse and fold the fabric together so it makes a rectangle and sew up 3/4 of the open side.
2. On the same side, sew a 3 inch horizontal seam at the top (this sits on the shoulder.
3. Slip the ‘dress over the head with one side over the shoulder and the arm through thee 1/4 slit created.
4. fit the dress by pulling the shoulder strap until it is snug around bust and pin any excess fabric.
5. Add aquamarine / sparkly eye makeup and peacock feathers in the hair.
Photo: Silvia Photography
More great DIY Halloween Costume Ideas:
Pin It! Thanks for the support!