When you are serving vegetarian or want a tasty, light and healthy dinner, our harissa cauliflower steaks are always a huge hit!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 130 calories, fat 10 g, sodium 340 mg, carbohydrate 9 g, fibre 4 g, protein 3 g
Source of fibre
Harissa Cauliflower Steaks Ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed
- ½ tsp (2mL) kosher salt
- 4 tsp PC® 100% Virgin Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp (2mL) PC® black label Harissa Spice Blend Moroccan Seasoning
- 4 tsp pine nuts
- 2 lemon wedges
- 8 fresh mint leaves
Harissa Cauliflower Steaks Directions
- Trim stem of cauliflower, leaving core intact. Cut cauliflower in half from top to base. Set half aside for another use; cut other half from to base into four thick, equal steaks. Sprinkle with half of the salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Turn over; sprinkle with harissa blend and remaining ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt. Stir in remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) oil; continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Stir in pine nuts; cook, swirling, for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to serving platter, squeeze lemon juice all over. Tear mint leaves; sprinkle over top.
[…] Harissa Cauliflower Steaks […]