A friend once called gluten: ‘Glue-tin’ and I took a moment to pause. On the days you want some lighter fare, this gluten-free tortellini with fresh tomato herb sauce is just the thing.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
Per serving: 370 calories, fat 22 g, sodium 620 mg, carbohydrate 39 g, fibre 8 g, protein 7 g
Gluten-Free Tortellini Ingredients
- 1 pkg (255 g) PC® Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh basil, chives, and parsley
- 1 pkg PC® Gluten-Free 4 Cheese Tortellini
Gluten-Free Tortellini Directions
- Stir together tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in herbs.
- Bring 12 cups (3 L) water to a rapid boil. Add past. Stir occasionally until water returns to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 4 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain; toss with tomato mixture. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.