Are you ready? Why not skip the tie and cufflinks. Meaningful, special gifts could turn into heirlooms and make him smile for a whole year. We welcome you ideas as well, but for now, here are a few of ours…
1. Find an artist and get a painting or sketch made from his favourite photograph.
2. Fill a shoebox with items that signify special memories with the kids. You could cover the box in pretty paper or glue photographs to the sides.
3. Buy a pass to the aquarium or a driving range that is just for him and the kids to experience.
4. Make up a photo album with special photos just for him.
5. Frame a piece of the kids’ art for his office.
6. Get tickets to his favourite sporting event for him and the kids.
7. If you’re pregnant, do a belly photoshoot including Dad in the pictures.
8. Buy him a hip diaper bag a la Brad Pitt and fill it with necessities for him and the baby.
9. Get him a hammock and a GQ, and take the kids away so he can use them!
10. Put together a BBQ kit and include tools, skewers, his fav spices, and get the butcher to wrap up his preferred cut of meat. Throw in some cloth napkins, a masculine tablecloth and some citronella candles.
11. Rent a couple of action movies and do a Father’s Day movie night on the Saturday before the big day. (Popcorn and the latest lingere from Aubade optional.)
Jockey tie photograph compliments of Hermes.