The diaper bag is like the Hermes Kelly of parenthood. It’s always with you, needs to be heavy-duty, and makes one heck of a statement. The strap can’t make a shoulder dent, it needs pockets, and helps define your mom style. Here’s a roundup of the latest and greatest, coolest diaper bags of 2021 – from utilitarian backpacks to swanky silk.
In terms of features you will want to look for, here’s what I suggest:
- easy to clean
- insulated pocket (at least one) for a bottle
- lots of room
- Shareability – others may want to carry it
- Changing Pad
- Stroller Clips
- Something that defines your style!
1. When you have Burberry, look no further. A bit pricey, but so much room inside you could carry around a bowling ball!
2. This gunmetal number from Freshly Picked is a fashionista’s dream. It’s also on sale, and I may just need it even without the baby to go alongside.
3. Skip Hop has always been one of my favs, and this is no exception. The Sutton Diaper Backpack is roomy, chic and boasts loads of compartments. It’s also pretty reminiscent of the Queen’s Gambit, no?
4. Th JJ Cole Popperton Diaper Backpack is boxy and oh so nautical.
5. The Herschel Strand Sprout Grey Crosshatch is right out of Mad Men.
6. Petunia Pickle Bottom has always been one of my favs for fun diaper bags. With their collab with Disney, I’m even more thrilled. Check out this ‘Minnie Factor‘ backpack.
However you choose your go-to bag, there are so many options out there. It’s also usually a reasonably short-term purchase, as after 24 months of carrying it around, you may not want to have it in your life for much longer! That said, I still have the baby sling and both diaper bags from when my boys were little – 14 years ago! I couldn’t bear to part with them.