Jump to recipe
Not only is this recipe for easy fragrant chicken curry great for cleanup and flavour, but you can determine your children’s tolerance of spice. Know that you can always use yoghurt to make it milder. It’s also a winner for hiding a few extra veggies like yams and carrots..
Easy Fragrant Chicken Curry
- 3 onions, quartered
- 4 Fat garlic cloves
- 5cm/2inch piece of root ginger-peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 fresh red chilies-seeded and roughly chopped
- About 40 grams of fresh cilantro
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 x 410 cans of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- Natural low-fat yogurt and naan bread to serve
- Puree onions, garlic, curry powder, ground spices, chilies and half the cilantro into a food processor and puree. Pour into large sauce and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Crumble in the chicken stock cube and add 750mls of boiling water and return to a boil. Add the chicken, stir and lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Chop remaining cilantro then stir all but 2 tbsp into the curry with the chickpeas. Heat through.
- Serve topped with the remaining cilantro and yogurt with naan on the side.
© 2023 Copyright 2020 UrbanMommies