After eating these at a baby shower, I dubbed them the world’s best crabcakes. I quickly pulled out my cell phone to write down the ingredients as the baby’s grandmother named ingredients. I had to figure out the recipe myself……
So, living by the Pacific Ocean and as the owner of a dandy crab trap, I started dropping it (salmon fish heads make the best bait). Typically we catch 6-8 crab in 24 hours, and you always throw the females back. The males have a Taj Mahal on their underside and the females have a much wider marking.
World Famous Crabcake Recipe
– One pound crab
– half cup onion
– half cup celery
– half cup garlic
– 1 t. cayenne pepper
– 6 T. butter
– 1 c breadcrumbs (we prefer panko)
– 1 1/2 c cream or milk
– 2 eggs
World Famous Crabcake Method
1. ‘Clean’ your crabs. This means steaming, breaking them apart, and taking out the meat.
2. Sautee the onion, celery and garlic in butter. Add the garlic last so that it won’t burn.
3. Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and stir.
4. Add 1.5 c milk or cream to make a roux. Stir until the liquid thickens – about 5 minutes.
5. Take off heat and add two eggs.
7. Add shredded crab to the mixture.
8. Make balls or patties and roll in panko crumbs.
9. Fry in butter.
I always serve these with roasted red pepper aoli that I wizz together in the Vitamix using olive oil, peppers, garlic and onion. Enjoy!