I love shocking people. It happens every time I order a bourbon. The drink just seems incongruous with my classic look and soft spoken voice. So while at the Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe, it was a thrill to see the waiter’s face when I ordered the BNB. (My colleagues were pretty surprised too, as photos of the drink flew around Facebook and Twitter). Still evaluating the exact moment to eat the bacon, I must practice this one at home a few times before I perfect the methodology.. Or just head back to the Ritz.
The BNB. A Bacon stirstick with Bourbon. Divine.
- The recipe for the bourbon:
- 1 liter of bourbon (the Ritz uses Maker’s Mark)
- 1/3 liter bacon grease, warm
- Mix together and let sit for 6 hours at room temperature. Spoon off bacon fat that will have risen to the surface, and them strain mixture through a coffee filter at least once.
- The recipe for the cocktail:
- 2 oz. Bacon infused Bourbon
- .5 oz. real maple syrup
- 2 dashes bitters
- Stir gently over ice in a 12oz rocks glass, garnish with a blue cheese and bacon stuffed fig and an orange twist
© 2021 Copyright 2020 UrbanMommies
Bon appetit! Pin it!