For many families, Las Vegas is an inexpensive and easy destination for travel, but are there enough kids activities in Las Vegas? I believe that kids can learn and have fun in any destination as long as parents are attentive to their needs and do a bit of homework. While smoky casinos and shooting ranges may be off the activity lists, there are loads of kids activities in Las Vegas that are thrilling for the whole family.
Here are a few Sin City activities that I’ve experienced that make me itch for a family trip!
1. Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay features tropical fish, sharks and turtles.
2. The fountains with lights and music at Bellagio (you may want to watch Oceans 11 first!) Image: Flickr via Tim Parkinson
3. A gondola ride at the Venetian is way less expensive than a trip to Italy.
4. M&M’s World encompasses four floors – just make sure you set candy limits!
5. Duelling Pianos at the bar at Times Square at New York, New York if a favourite of mine and any little budding musician is sure to love it.
6. The Mob Museum is a gorgeous building filled with gangster lore.
7. The Big Apple Coaster at New York New York, and hop over to the arcade while you are there. Photo credit: Roig61 on Flickr
8. Big Shot at the Stratosphere
9. North Premium Outlet Mall – With loads of kids stores from Strasburg Kids to Juicy Couture, I never miss the outlet mall.
10. Live shark tank pool and slide at the Golden Nugget
11. Tournament of Kings, Excalibur
12. Circus shows at Circus Circus – free shows begin daily at 11am and run every half hour
We stayed at the Cromwell, which was well worth the trip!