Chilling by a warm fire, or at a summer beach soiree, these will be the hit of the party. And the dipping sauce make prawns extra fun for kids. Makes 20 skewers.
½ cup fish sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
¼ cup ground coriander seeds
2 stalks of lemongrass (white part only) ground with mortar and pestle
1/3 cup canola oil
2 jalapeno peppers
2 cloves garlic
½ cup cilantro leaves
2Tbsp white vinegar
1 cup plain fat free Greek style yogurt
Pinch of salt
• Soak bamboo skewers in water for 2 hours
• Mix fish sauce, sugar, coriander, lemongrass and canola oil together and marinate prawns in mixture for 1 hour
• Skewer prawns onto skewers (3 per stick)
• Grill prawns on BBQ until just pink and opaque throughout.
• For dipping sauce blend in food processor jalapenos, garlic, cilantro and vinegar.
• Add plain yogurt and process again until smooth and season with salt.
Diana Steele is a registered dietitian and owner of Eating for Energy, a thriving nutrition consulting company in British Columbia. Diana can be seen regularly on Global BC’s Noon News Hour every Tuesday. She is also co-author of the cookbook Eating for Energy without Deprivation – The 80-20 Cookbook.