Just when we thought the #ThankYouMom Sochi 2014 video was the pinnacle of awesome. Now, In the first ever program of it’s kind, P&G is helping parents remember that a safe home is a happy home.
Our homes can be deceptive. We feel so safe and comfortable that we may overlook a few dangers for ourselves and our children. Part of the ritual when we are pregnant and new parents includes endless research on ‘babyproofing’. But are we so distracted by the mounds of advice that we are forgetting the big stuff?
Whether it is in the kitchen, laundry room or bathroom, a few simple steps will ensure that all areas in the house are safe. From making sure the batteries in the smoke detectors are fresh to checking that the First Aid kit has everything you need to care for bumps and scrapes, there are plenty of quick and affordable things families can do around the house to help protect loved ones.
Everyone expects, and deserves, the best for their family, and P&G wants to arm Canadian families with resources and information that will help keep their home as safe as it can be.
To make the process easier, P&G has developed a Starter Kit to help Canadians create a safe environment at home. The Starter Kit includes cabinet latches and a specially designed over-the-lid re-sealable sticker that will keep products out of reach of children, and bring households one step closer to a safe home. P&G is offering the Starter Kits to all Canadian families, free of charge.
In addition to getting your free Starter Kit, we have some simple tips for parents to keep their family and home safe:
1. Make sure to read directions carefully for every product you use.
2. Clean up spills and wash your hands if you get products on them.
3. Discard or recycle empty packaging – don’t re-use.
4. Always place plastic covers in your electrical outlets.
5. Keep all small electrical appliances a safe distance from sinks, bathtubs, and showers.
6. Install smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide alarm on every floor of your home, including the basement.
7. Have a well-stocked First Aid kit somewhere in your home where you can easily get to it.
8. Most importantly – keep all products out of reach of children. Whether it’s laundry detergent, softeners, cleaning sprays or air fresheners, everything should be stored so that children simply can’t get to it
A home is truly the heart of the family. Having a home that’s happy, comfortable and clean is important – and so is making sure it’s safe.
Do you have additional tips? We’d love to hear them!