We get a ton of products shipped to the office for testing and we try as many as we can. So we owe it to our readers to share our favs. Some are a tad racy, so watch out… Presenting Our 20 Favourite Beauty Products for the Summer! Enjoy and be sure to add your own in the comments section.
1. Noodle & Boo Glowology Afterglow Gel is supposed to be for post-baby firming and slimming but I use it regularly for post-chocolate-chip-cookie firming and slimming.
2. Make Up Forever Aqua Rouge Lip Colour. Developed for the Canadian Olympic Swim team, it withstands pretty much everything except soap.
3. Vidal Sasoon Pro Series Hair Colour. Because I’m grey (ish) and I LOVE the lasting colour and soft conditioner. (Why don’t they sell that stuff seperately?)
4. H2O Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment. I now use it nightly and I feel way less wrinkly in the morning. This was given to attendees of Disney Social Media Moms and I am fully hooked on the brand now.
5. Gilette Fusion ProGlide power razor. (No that’s not racy. You can just stop reading now..). There’s a power button that makes it vibrate for a closer shave. It gets rid of the tiny hairs on your legs. And stuff. Awesome.
6. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara. Because everyone needs to have longer lashes. and this is way cheaper than the extension thing..
7. Guinot Tient Hydratant (tinted moisturizer) is my daily staple. Epic.
8. Cover Girl Lip Perfection lip colour. My go-to in the purse for touchups all day. It’s like a ‘designer’ lipstick that you don’t have to pick up at duty free.
9. Secret ‘Mean Stinks’ Clinical Strength deodorant. Because it helps combat girl vs. girl bullying and works like a dream. I like the reminder every morning to chat with the kids about supporting other kids at school.
10. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap in Lavendar. The packaging is a bit preachy but I’ve used this on hair and skin and it is amazing. Originally bought to sooth my son’s chicken pox, it is organic and fair trade.
11. Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 toothbrush. I have a Secret. I despise flossing. But my dentist said ‘good job’ last week and I snickered because I switched to this toothbrush and it can take all the credit. Shh.
12. Dove Refresh+Care dry shampoo has completely changed my life and lets me go another day without washing.
13. Olive Oil. I slather it all over whenever I have no dinner party going on.
14. Mama Mio Zap Skin Tight has papaya enzymes to tone and tighten – it’s great on legs.
15. Healthy HooHoo has a slogan ‘Gentle Care for Down There’. It smells great and helps care for all of your lady-parts. Paraben-free and ph Balanced.
16. ROC Max resurfacing facial cleanser has anti-aging properties and cleanses beautifully. I got a sample sent from Minute Clinic after the Mom 2.0 Summit and have used it every night since. It’s my new go-to nightly miracle worker.
17. Crabtree & Evelyn Gardener’s Hand Scrub with Pumice is the only thing that salvages my hands after a stint in the garden.
18. Febreze candles in sweet citrus and zest – they don’t cost $50 and they don’t have to! The scent actually makes me crave fruit, which keeps me healthy.
19. Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye Repair serum is incredible. The only problem is that my husband keeps stealing it. He gets giddy about eye creams.
20. My new Vitamix. Best money I have ever spent. I use it for smoothies, peanut butter, almond milk and soups and the kids have no idea that there are flax seeds and kale in pretty much everything.