We’re almost there – the home stretch towards summer. It’s the time of year where once-nutritious school lunches become cold pizza and granola bars seem like a good choice for breakfast as you rush the kids out of the house.
May is a great time to revisit the school lunch menu in order to ensure the munchkins finish their year off on a high note. Kids (2-12 years old) should be getting 2-4 servings of vegetables a day, while teens should get 7-8 servings a day to ensure they are getting adequate nutrients through their diet. Not only do we have 12 easy school lunch ideas for you, but another ‘treat’ you can add to their backpack. Adding a multivitamin to compensate for school lunch fatigue ensures that they get the nutrients they need – even when they ‘run out of time’ to eat.
But let’s try to end the year on a great note by coming up with a few easy school lunches they will actually devour!
1. Fruit Kebabs With Yoghurt Dip
2. Quinoa Turkey Meatballs in a Thermos
3. Mini egg and green pea muffins
4. Apple, Chicken and Grape Kebabs
5. Grilled Broccoli and Cheese Panini
6. Cream Cheese, Pear and Honey on mini-bagels
7. DIY Beef and Bean Tacos
8. Chicken Drumsticks with Edamame
9. Brown Sugar Apples
11. Moroccan Chicken Couscous
12. Savoury Muffins
We have lots more healthy school lunch ideas!