What’s New at Walt Disney World? The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration is an inspiring and exciting event and as I sit in the Yacht Club Resort’s conference room, I am live blogging about all that’s new and exciting here.
Check Out What’s New at Walt Disney World for 2016/2017
George A. Kalogridis, President of Walt Disney World Resort has just presented how Disney is awakening summer! Here’s what you need to know:
- ‘My Disney Experience‘ can be used now to make an additional FastPass+ experience on the fly.
- Magic Bands can now unlock personalized surprises. Since the introduction of Magic Bands, there’s been an over 50% increase in guests using fast passes.
- You can buy items on the Disney app and have them delivered to your hotel or home. The app also works from home.
- There is a transformation that has morphed Downtown Disney into Disney Springs that will be doubling the shopping experiences at the resort.
- New experiences: In Magic Kingdom, we can look forward to Mickey’s Royal Friendship Fair and (Disney Channel’s) Princess Elena will be introduced as the newest Disney Princess.
- At Epcot, Dory joins Turtle talk!
- At Norway pavilion, Frozen Ever After and the Royal Summerhouse will open next month, so you can have an audience with Elsa and Anna.
- Disney Shanghai will open next month, and one of the new rides will be Soarin’ Around The World with a whole new adventure reel.
- At Hollywood Studios Starwars, Galactic Experience will open along with a new live show called Galactic Adventures.
- At Animal Kingdom, the restaurant Tiffins is opening and The Jungle Book’s ‘Alive with Magic’ will open on Memorial Day weekend along with a new light show.
- Next year, Pandora, the World of Avatar ‘Flight of Passage’ opens.
- Hollywood Studios’ Star Wars Land is currently being built.
There’s your quick update on what’s new and coming at Walt Disney World, Announced on May 6, 2016. I haven’t even left yet and I’m already planning my tip back!
Disclosure: The Walt Disney Company invited me to attend the Social Media Moms Celebration and I received gifts and special opportunities as part of the conference. All opinions are my own.