Your family has escaped the Toronto winter to Blue Mountain and you are getting cozy in a cabin at Ontario’s largest ski and snowboard resort. The fire is blazing, the kids are tired (and happy), and snow falls outside your windows. The Niagara vineyards have kindly provided you with a selection of great wine, and you can now start the quintessential vacation meal: Blue Mountain Cheese Fondue.
Blue Mountain Cheese Fondue
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb Gruyere + 1/2 lb Emmental cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- A splash or two of kirsch
- Toss the cheese with the flour. Rub the interior of a medium saucepan with the peeled garlic. Place over medium heat and add the wine. Bring to a simmer and add the cheese mixture, one handful at a time. Stir in the nutmeg.
- Stir over low heat until smooth and cheese is melted and bubbling. Add a splash or two of kirsch (optional) and continue stirring until it starts to bubble just a bit. Transfer the cheese mixture to a fondue pot and you are ready for dipping. Continue to stir frequently.
© 2021 Copyright 2020 UrbanMommies
We like crusty french bread and apples as dippers.
– UrbanMommies staff like cheese so much that they are contemplating starting a dairy farm.
Spread the love – PIN IT!