Rarely do I feel as if I could take on Bobby Flay or Giada De Laurentiis. But I have discovered a secret weapon for busy mothers who haven’t been to the grocery store alone in nearly a decade, let alone had time to develop unique Mexican sauces in a traditional style. In my household, my partner is BBQ grill-obsessed, and our new Weber has been a huge success. While he grills, my roll is to prepare veggies and sauces – between kids, laundry, working and filling out a myriad of school permission slips! So I must admit that I don’t do everything from (ahem) scratch.
Here’s how we went Mexican Gourmet using tomahawk steaks:
Mexican Tomahawk Steak Carne Asada Tacos
1 T. taco seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
1. Marinate the steaks in lime juice for 2 hours.
2. Heat the grill to 400 degrees.
3. Rub the steaks with seasoning.
4. Place the steaks on the grill – approximately 10 minutes each side for medium.
5. Prepare the guacamole by mixing the seasoning mix included in the dinner kit with chopped avocados.
6. Chop the tomahawk steaks after allowing them to rest for 5 minutes and assemble your delectable tacos.