Lice. Just saying the word makes me scratch my head. Once you have seen a few creatures crawling in your kid’s head, you will never rid yourself of the itchy-head feeling when you hear, say or write the word lice.
Lice are a parasitic infestation of the hair and skin. The most common site of the parasite is the scalp of the head and hair of the host. The insect feeds on the blood of the host and bites from the parasites often cause itching. Yeah, yuck. Cases of this parasitic infestation are widely common in children but the good thing about it is that it is not known to be a vector of any disease. As parents, we must pay attention not only to the infection, but to the emotional ramifications of acquiring and treating head lice.