What a crazy time! I am gutted for performing artists, small businesses, restaurant owners, and all of those who have lost loved ones this year. I’ve decided to focus for our main gift guides on small business in Canada. These are all brands that ship, so you can support local, but from a safe distance.
1.Cela. Inspired by nature’s adaptability and endurance, Celine Tadrissi has spent the last three years carefully sourcing the most exceptional northern botanicals, harnessing their beneficial properties. Formulated with the most potent natural ingredients from across the nation, and supported by the purest and most exceptional seed butters, oils and extracts from the four corners of the earth, Céla’s plant-powered products are designed to address the shared needs of the human body’s largest and most exposed organ: our skin. Best seller Kit, $60. Cela
2. Drizzle Honey. Better for bees, better for the planet, and better for you. It is easy to elevate your cooking with completely raw, bee-friendly, Canadian honey so you can enjoy healthy meals that don’t compromise on taste. $14-$18 Drizzle
3. Lightfoot and Wolfville Wines. This Nova Scotia winery focuses on classic cool-climate vinifera including CHARDONNAY, PINOT NOIR, RIESLING, and other German-styled whites specifically selected for our microclimates. They are maximizing the expression of our wines by practicing biodynamic viticulture in some of the ANNAPOLIS VALLEY’S most favourable vineyard sites. Our intention from the beginning has been an unwavering dedication to quality throughout the wine’s journey. 2014 Blanc de Blancs Brut, $39 Lightfoot & Wolfville
4. This Bag Helps. With causes like clean water, helping small business, saving the bees and educating girls, these bags are as useful for carrying groceries as they are helping others. Did you know small businesses in general have lost over 40% of revenues during the Covid-19 pandemic? You can help. $26 This Bag Helps
5. Juniper BBQ Scraper. You know how dangerous the bristly-scrapers are? We no more! Juniper BBQ Scraper is the all-natural choice for your grill and your family. The safe and sustainable prescription for keeping your BBQ clean and ready for grilling -over time these grooves will get deeper, wrapping around your BBQ grate. It is these grooves that remove the dirt from your grill. It’s also crafted on the East coast. 3 for $68 (on sale) Juniper
6. Nellies Laundry Nuggets. This is the perfect solution to detergent all over the washer when your teenager does the laundry! Pre-measured and biodegradable, they are the perfect solution. $21 Well.ca
7. Cheekbone Beauty x Christi Belcourt vegan lipsticks. $5.00 from every purchase of this special edition SUSTAIN Collection will go to support Nimkii Aazhibikong, a year-round, land-based language and traditional arts camp. $125 at Cheekbone Beauty
8. Spice Trader. This local Ontario company features incredible tins and blends. I started ordering from them this year in my cooking frenzy and am hooked. Ottolenghi Spice Box features spices that are prominent in all the Yotam Ottolenghi cookbooks. $70 Spice Trader
9. Clippo Masks. There are the best – and with patterns featuring the Golden Girls, RBG, superheroes and social justice causes, they are my favs. Everyone raves about how they don’t steam up your glasses!! Proudly handmade in Durham Region, Ontario, their 100% cotton masks have adjustable ear and nose pieces, for ultra fit and comfort. Some of thier goals are to provide jobs for sewists to work from home for fair wages and to give back to our community & spread kindness, not germs. $18 Clippo
10. Smash + Tess. This company is a Candian rockstar success story. Specializing in rompers and leisure wear, Covid is a great time to shine. This image is the Jillian Harris x Smash and Tess Jogger Romper. $135 Smash + Tess
Most of the list above is available to be WON by our readers over on Instagram! Check our our stories, and share them on your own story for a chance to win! Now affiliated or sponsored by Instagram. Closes Dec. 9th. Winner will be notified Dec. 10th via DM.