Whether it was the epic Canadian fashion sported by Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau and Michelle Obama at the recent White House state dinner or the new sense of hope and ‘cool’ that has descended over our beaver and toque-loving nation, our first Mother’s Day Gift Guide features all things Canadian. And yes, for you American readers, it means that the prices are about 25% less than what we are publishing so your purchasing power will go even farther for MOM! Let’s Go Canada for Mothers Day this year!
- The Classico 1.0 in Sky Blue is the very epitome of our Opus Urbanista bike category. Like the name says, it marries classic bike styling to modern materials and componentry. Result? Updated versions of everyone’s favorite city bikes. Fun to ride, handsome to look at and available in a range of cool colors. The Classico 1.0. A perfect companion for making the city your own! $549 from OPUS BIKE.
2. Second Denim Co. is a premium Canadian denim brand. Brand creator, Eric Wazana, introduced “comfort” to today’sworld of denim by fusing perfect fit, diagonal stretch and sexiness into one pair of jeans, creating what is now known as every retailer’s coveted secret: Yoga Jeans. Embracing the body’s natural movements, Yoga Jeans are designed to leave every woman feeling sexy, confident and comfortable. Today, Second’s international success is taking over the world of denim one pair of legs at a time, generating a loyal fan base of Yoga Jeans enthusiasts. $126 from Second Clothing.
3. Natural maple ear cups, Matte brown leather headband, Black anodized hardware and a 1.25m cable included. LKPR. $379
4. MONCTON JACKET Premium, breathable protection with a roll-out hood and seam-sealed panels. $475.00 from Canada Goose.
5. A restorative, firming and regenerative mask. this super-active treatment protects, softens, calms and evens skin tone while increasing oxygen uptake. includes firming, lifting and pore minimizing properties.$179.00 Sjal.
6. A Juice Cleanse. The Refresh Cleanse is a midway cleanse that is loaded with antioxidants from all of the fresh berries in the Very Berry Juice which is included in this cleanse. The berry juice is consumed in the middle of your day so it gives you a real burst of energy that some of us need. Starts at $45/day Total Cleanse. On the West Coast you can try the Juice Box available in 1, 3, and 5 day options starting at $59.99.
7. Cubits rare & heirloom seeds for home vegetable gardens based in PEI. Cubits
8. Forged Chef Grohmann Knife, 8 inches $136.00
9. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.Chalk Paint™ is different. It is not paint with chalk added to it. It is not chalkboard paint. It is not made by adding plaster of Paris or grout or even baking soda to an existing paint. Chalk Paint™ is the unique decorative paint I developed for furniture, floors and walls, drawing on a lifetime of research and experience in working with paint and colour.Available at Annie Sloan.
10. TAQUA AMETHYST RING by Tagua nut amethyst geode ring with copper leaf detail. $260 Jeweller: Janine De Dorigny. Available at Made You Look Jewelery
11.CHANDA – Lemonade DWELL COLLECTION Backpack with adjustable shoulder straps. Expandable gussets at the top that allow the opening to widen. Snap closure at the top. from Matt & Nat
12. Rocky Mountain Chocolate. All of their chocolates in our gift boxes and the individual chocolates in our showcase are made with the finest pure chocolate including our white chocolate which contains cocoa butter. The cocoa content for our milk chocolate is 32% and for our dark chocolate 54%. We also have several other varieties including our bittersweet chocolate at 63% cocoa content, and our onyx chocolate at 72%. Our newest line of Origin Chocolates range from 38% to 91% cocoa content with beans coming as far as Madagascar. Rocky Mountain Chocolates.