This is a great salad to make in the Spring and Summer. Its delicious served either warm or cold. You can make this ahead and store in your refrigerator for up to four hours.
This makes enough for 4 main course servings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ lbs new red potatoes cut into chunks
- ½ lb green beans halved
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can of water packed tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water and boil for 5 minutes.
Add green beans and cook for additional 3-5 minutes until tender-crisp. Drain.
- Whisk together ingredients and toss ¼ cup with hot potato mixture
- Add green onions, celery, red pepper and parsley
- Add remaining dressing and toss
- Gently stir in tuna without breaking up chunks.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on lettuce leaves with sliced tomatoes or fresh bread