This pasta salad is a nutritious and delicious recipe that the whole family will enjoy.
What you’ll need:
100 gr. whole wheat penne pasta
1 whole tomato, small dice
1/4 red onion, small dice
1 cup romaine lettuce
3 basil leaves
¼ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, medium cubes
¼ cup black olives, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp dried chili flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Add a small pinch of salt and the penne pasta. Boil for 7-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Strain pasta and run under cold water until it is cooled down.
- Meanwhile, clean the romaine lettuce. Cut it into thin strips and place in a medium bowl.
- Cut the basil into thin strip as well and place in the bowl with the romaine lettuce.
- In the same bowl, put the drained pasta, diced tomatoes and onions, the skim-mozzarella cheese, and black olives. Mix together.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and chili flakes. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix the dressing in with the salad and serve immediately.