Tilapia’s sweet white flesh makes it a perfect “foil” for lemony Souvlaki Marinade in this dinner cooked en papillote. Clean-up’s always a breeze when you cook food using this method. Volia! Grilled Tilapia Parcels.
Cooking En Papillote
Cut pieces of parchment (if baking) or foil (on the BBQ) into heart shapes. Place the fish on one side of the heart, and fold in half so the edges match. Gently create double folds all around the heart so that no liquid escapes.
Skill level: Intermediate
Prep time: 15
Cooking time: 15
Total time: 30
Marinating time=30 minutes
- 4 tilapia fillet, about 1-1/2 lb (750 g)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC Marinade - Souvlaki
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC MEMORIES OF Marrakech Whole Wheat Couscous
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated PC Organics Carrots
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pint (550 mL) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Place tilapia fillets in glass baking dish. Add marinade; turn fillets to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- In bowl, stir together couscous, water, carrots and salt.
- Measure four 15-inch (37 cm) lengths of heavy duty foil. Place flat on work surface. Divide couscous mixture among foil pieces, placing about 1/2 cup (125 mL) on each piece of foil just to one side of centre point. Sprinkle evenly with sliced onion. Place one tilapia fillet on top of each couscous mixture-onion pile and top with any excess marinade left in baking dish. Scatter cherry tomatoes on top of and around tilapia. Fold bare half of foil up and over tilapia mixture. Fold up and pinch the edge of double foil layer together tightly to enclose tilapia and couscous so no steam will escape. Parcels will look like the letter D. Place packages on rimmed baking sheet to transport to barbecue.
- Place foil packages directly on grill, pinched edge facing up. Close lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Transfer packages to plates. Using sharp knife, cut an X on top of each parcel. Open carefully to expose fish and couscous. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
© 2021 Copyright 2020 UrbanMommies
Substitute another white fish such as sole or pickerel for the tilapia. Be sure to use heavy duty foil or the contents will burn to the inside of the foil packets. If you do not have heavy-duty-foil, use a double thickness of regular foil.