UrbanMommies is thrilled to announce the #BayerSelfCare twitter party on Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 at 5pm pst/8pm est. The party is to promote National Self-Care day on July 24th and Bayer wants to show their immense belief and leadership in taking care of your own health. They also have a special collaboration with Amazon.ca so we will be awarding $750 in Amazon gift codes throughout the hour!
So many of us put ourselves on a back burner while caring for others, but like the airplane example, we must put the oxygen on ourselves first. We will share tips, tricks and support each other in making self-care a priority.
What types of activities fall under the umbrella of Self-Care?
- Making healthy lifestyle choices, like exercising and healthy eating
- Using the tools available to us to diagnose and treat symptoms when we get sick
- Making smart healthcare choices, including choosing the right products and medicines
- Self-treating and monitoring minor ailments
- Improving health literacy and access to tools that enable better self-care
Why is Self-Care important?
- Taking better care of ourselves and understanding the products and services that can support self-care not only helps Canadians lead healthier lives, but alleviates strain on our healthcare system by keeping people out of walk-ins and emergency rooms
- Aging populations and the rise of chronic disease are putting new financial pressures on healthcare systems around the world. If we all adopt self-care practices, we help direct resources to patients who need it the most, while helping our own bodies and minds to thrive!
All you have to do is follow the #BayerSelfCare hashtag, and respond over the course of the hour to the 6 questions posed from the @urbanmommies twitter account. No RSVP will be required. The prizes are open to Canadians, excluding Quebec, and will be announced throughout the party.
Complete rules and regulations can be found here. Good luck and have fun!
Disclosure: This twitter party is sponsored by Bayer. All opinions are our own.