What’s in My Bag: The Coolest Flash Drives sent by PR Folks
I get a ton of PR pitches and therefore a staggering number of flash drives. Incidentally, I also receive a ton of CD roms filled with information I can’t access with my MacBook Air. (PR People please take note). I thought I’d follow through with Kelby Carr’s ingenious ‘Marketers Who Understand Blogger Outreach‘ post with something fun before the long weekend. So I emptied my USB Drawer and found my ultimate favourites from Public Relations teams who know their brand and respect me as a writer enough to make me want to grin. Here are my favourites:
1. McCafe, who engraved my Twitter handle ‘@urbanmommies‘ on the back.
2. Honda – A clever car key (that I could make into a necklace a la Tiffany & Co and take my data with.)
3. Disney Fantasy. Rubber (waterproof I think), fun for kids to play with and very chic.
4. Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe. Gorgeous wood. Refined and symmetrical.
5. Dole. Because who doesn’t want to carry a banana-shaped flash drive in their purse?
6. Disney Cars Land – in the shape of a race announcer’s microphone.
7. Store Brand Formula.com in the shape of a formula bottle. Because I laughed out loud, as no Canadian PR company would ever attempt this given the volatile and judgmental Canadian nursing climate, and the most popular articles on UrbanMommies are breastfeeding-related.
8. The Victorinox 4GB super-secure flashdrive which cannot be broken into if you’re a PC user. And because it is made by Victorionox and stores information on it’s own brand, which is smart and somehow ironic. And I love the spy-like nature of it’s security.
9. The ultimate: The G. Marquis Winery flashdrive in a branded wine cork. Because it floats, it’s durable, cool, on-brand, and, well.. they did their homework.