The Best Educational iPad Apps for Toddler Learning
The iPad is an incredible way to facilitate development and learning in the little ones. (And it’s also a great excuse to buy one for ourselves!) Here are a few apps we’ve discovered that will get the little people ready for kindergarten.
1. AlphaBaby (free): touch the screen and a shape, letter or number will appear. By touching the screen again, a voice will pronounce the name or letter.
2. Drawing Pad ($1.99): Toddlers have access to a virtual arts & crafts store that comes with brushes, pencils, crayons and stickers.
3. Squiggles! (free): Let your child’s art work literally come to life with this drawing app. A simple doodle becomes animated and transforms into a bird, sheep’s wool, rocket, and more! Also includes an interactive storybook.
4. Peekaboo Barn for iPad ($1.99): Let your child learn to identify farm animals with sounds and fun music.
5. The Tale of Peter Rabbit ($0.99): This beloved children’s classic bring the feel of the traditional book plus interactive elements that teach children words and animal sounds.
6. Toddler Counting (free): A counting app. Sorry Mom – it can’t balance your chequebook.
7. ClickySticky ($1.99): An animated sticker book with hundreds of stickers that can be added to different scenes (aquarium, safari) accompanied by a variety of noises/music.
8. Toca Kitchen Monsters (free): Let your kids play with their food as they prepare to feed two hungry monsters. We are huge fans of Toca Kitchen and Toca Store as well.
9. Beauty and the Beast Storybook Deluxe ($4.99): Vibrant illustrations plus coloring pages and puzzles. You also have the option to record your own voice reading the story. Because we know you secretly want to be Belle.
10. Awesome Xylophone Lite (free): this vibrant, virtual xylophone is easy for little ones to use with its bright animation and it’s ability to play chords.