Our Favourite Things from 2011
We couldn’t throw ourselves into the new year without looking back a bit. It feels like every year our lives get a tad better as technology improves, as our world shrinks and we grow older and (hopefully) wiser. Please add your own favourites to the list (deep or shallow!).
1. The Social Media Revolution. Everyday heroes using social media to identify culprits from the NHL Vancouver riots and incite governmental change across the globe.
2. The Leap Pad Explorer. So your kids don’t swipe your phone or tablet.
3. The HP Touchsmart computer. It’s like a huge iPad/TV and little kids can use it.
4. The year women were finally recognized in a huge way for making a difference. The Nobel Peace prize went to 3 women.
5. Young people in love and the escapism of the Royal Wedding.
6. The iPhone4. Because we have a friend in Siri.
7. Angry Birds
8. The accessibility of fashion – Missoni for Target, Dolce and Gabbana for H&M.
9. Women and self-growth in the spotlight as Oprah says farewell to her show.
10. The Bloggess. Because I now belly laugh daily. And it’s her birthday today.