Top 5 Must Have Fall Accessories
Ever notice how there are always 5 must have accessories for fall? Every fashion season, magazines, newspapers and yes, online magazines, seems to come up with their own top picks for the season. The UrbanMommies staff is no different; we all have our own top choices. If there is one color that seems to be in the spotlight this fall it is yellow, or to be more precise: Mustard. We are seeing the color EVERYWHERE. Indeed, you might say that “Mustard is the new Black.”
Moms! It is time to break out of our usual black uniforms and embrace some of this fashion season’s finest:
1. The Colored Jean: I know what you are saying, “Uh, didn’t I wear these in Junior High?” Yes, indeed! They are back and these jeans are just FABULOUS! Thanks to Audrey McClelland at Mom Generations for turning us on to the Old Navy Rockstar Super Skinny jeans, the latest in affordable and highly fashionable jeans.
2. The Classics are Back: We have fallen hard for Coach’s introduction of the Legacy collection. The Coach Legacy Collection handbags are inspired by some of Coach’s most popular purses from years past. The styles and colors in the Legacy Collection capture the timeless styles in the Coach archives. They are a vibrant study in color: totally classic but somehow completely new. (And yes, of course, there is a collection in Sunflower too!)
Remember the clutch? Perhaps the last time you used one was during your pre-mommy days? Well, you can still use them! Load up your favorite clutch with the essentials like cash, credit cards, lipgloss and your phone. Just pack it in your (mommy) tote, and then pop it out on date or girls nights out.
3. Bracelets! Scarves! Necklaces galore! Okay, so maybe yellow, mustard, sunflower etc. is a bit too bold for some moms. Perhaps a smaller statement piece is more your style?
We cannot get enough of the heavy wrist trend! Layer bracelets and pile them up your arm! Our advice, go natural and embrace fall tones like amber, dark leather and wood. Choose pieces that combine natural fibers, like leather, with rich jewel stones like emerald, amethyst and ruby.The Cara Accessories Wrap Bracelet from Nordstrom is a perfect example of the combination of nature with jewel tones.
4. Prints are in! This season stylists are pairing staples and basics, like black camisoles, with prints packed with pizazz! According to the Carol Anderson by invitation site, CAbi Canary, “whether you’re a patterned ‘print-cess’ or pattern-panicked, there’s something here for every style.” We first saw the CAbi Fall 2012 collection in New York this August and were immediately obsessed with the combination of prints, patterns and fabrics. Truly, there is something for everyone this fall!
5. Beautiful, bodacious ankle boots this season’s rage! We are seeing all sorts and combinations of boots. Be sure to pick the ideal shoe that pairs perfectly to jeans, leggings, and skirts! We fell in love with the collection that Amadine from Les Berlinettes pulled together. Be sure to click on the link to her site for the names and brands associated with each of these magnificent booties!
Well, there you have it, the biggest fashion trends this season. Clearly, I am drawn to the yellows and mustards. I can’t wait to wear my jeans with the polka dot shirt from CAbi and enjoy the crisp fall weather! After all, it is my favorite time of the year. Happy shopping!
Renee Keats is the US Content Editor and a writer for UrbanMommies Media. When not checking homework or carpooling to extra-curricular activities, Renee is often found scouring the internet, specifically Pinterest, for the latest in culinary & fashion adventures.