6 iPad Recipe Apps and Accessories for Thanksgiving
We know you’ve done it: spilled flour/milk/grape jelly on your iPad while trying to follow a recipe. This Thanksgiving, spend more time on the table decor and less on futzing around with recipe books by getting technical. There are a few things you’ll need, but we guarantee you’ll become hooked. Not only will you want to spend all your time trying new things in the kitchen, but your prowess will win over the hearts and health of the family. We’ve got 6 iPad recipe apps and accessories that will make your Thanksgiving dinner easy-peasy. Ready?
1. An iPad. Not that you don’t have one already. But if you don’t (or have a hankering for the latest)… the fourth generation iPad has a gorgeous 9.7-inch Retina display perfect for viewing digital recipes and cookbooks as well as video tutorials. And with it’s advanced dual-band Wi-Fi you can download and stream content at remarkable speeds. Not that you’re watching Real Housewives while you cook or anything.
2. This is the best ever for those of you who cover your screen with ingredients. Protect your iPad with Chef Sleeve’s Disposable Sleeves. chefsleeve.com
3. Get Appy. Apps, not appetizers. These are some favourites:
a) Shopping List Free Universal (Free) Sort your items into store departments and organize your shipping trip!
b) GrocerySmart Universal (Free) Sync and share lists across multiple users and devices.
c) MealGuru iPad ($3.99) MealGuru transforms your iPad into a mobile meal planning solution capable of whipping up deliciously healthy dinner ideas for every day of the week.
d) MealBoard Universal ($2.99) MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app.
e) Evernote Food Universal (Free) Discover and save delicious recipes and amazing restaurants, add photos, notes and location to remember your food and experiences and share with your friends via email. Twitter and Facebook.
f) Big Oven Universal (Free) The most complete cooking tool for getting inspired and organized in the kitchen and on-the-go. Take 250,000+ recipes wherever you go.
4. Be a stand up chef. Williams-Sonoma Smart Tools Kitchen Stand for Tablets is a must have. And while you’re at it you may as well order some new Vitamix accessories, a new chef’s knife, Thanksgiving decor…..
5. No counter space? Attach your iPad directly onto the fridge with the minimalist-inspired Belkin fridge mount. Space-age.
6. Want to write down recipe modifications or create your own? Geek out with the Cube – Bluetooth Laser Projected Keyboard. (PS. It’s on sale).
We’ll also be publishing lots of hearty Thanksgiving recipes, so feel free to bookmark our recipe section on your iPad too.