Once every month I make these schoolday frozen breakfast burritos with the kids as kitchen helpers. Wrapped in plastic and frozen in a big bag, they can be pulled out the night before and refrigerated. Pop them onto a panini maker or in the microwave to heat. On mornings when we are late for school (that would be most mornings), I wrap the ends in tinfoil and call them ‘hand snacks’ so the kids can eat them on the way to school. You can add as many vegetables as you like and eliminate the sausage to make them vegetarian-friendly.
1/2 cup milk
1 pound sausage meat
1 small onion
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
To Make 10:
1. Using 7 eggs and milk, scramble eggs in a pan.
2. Using the same pan, sautee sausage meat with diced onions.
3. Cool all ingredients.
4. Arrange 10 flour tortillas on the counter and spoon an equal amount of all ingredients onto the top quarter of each tortilla.
5. Roll each, folding over the bottom of the wrap half way through.
6. Immediately wrap with plastic or parchment paper.