September is a time for goal-setting, and yesterday I met a huge one for myself. I met two girlfriends for an hour and a half to chat in person. This is shockingly indicative of the state of my inner self. Technology and social media have certainly affected the way I connect with others and I am finding that the depth of relationships solidified with twitter responses or Instagram comments is just not enough to get by. There is nothing that can replace community and connection. Gratitude. Trust. Vulnerability. And solitude.
I’ve been thinking a ton lately about mindfulness. Mainly because my head feels like it will explode. Chasing likes on social media, smartphone pings, managing a busy family and needing to be ‘immediately creative’ all make achieving a heightened sense of wellbeing near impossible.
Thankfully, help becons. The phenom that is Deepak Chopra will be speaking about the future of wellbeing in Vancouver on October 10th and Toronto, October 13th, 2018.
He will share new insights from his latest work The Healing Self and explore some of the most important and baffling questions, like:
- Can social media and mindfulness co-exist?
- Has technology affected the way we connect as humans?
- Are we in the midst of a major paradigm shift in science?
- How does our understanding of consciousness as pure potentiality enhance our capacity for intuition, creativity, conscious choice making, healing, and the awakening of dormant potentials such as non-local communication and non-local sensory experience?
- How does our understanding of consciousness also enhance our capacity for total well being (physical, emotional, spiritual, social, community, financial and ecological)?
Not only will I be in attendance at the Vancouver Convention Centre event, but UrbanMommies has partnered with Blissdom Canada to offer a discount code when you purchase tickets using code: Bliss15
Deepak Chopra Ticket Contest
We are also giving away two Gold tickets to one of these Canadian events.
1) Follow @urbanmommies and @BlissDomCanada on Instagram
2) Like this Instagram post & answer the question “What do you believe is the Future of Wellbeing?” Every opinion counts.
3) Comment and tag the person with whom you would love to share this experience in Vancouver or Toronto!
Rules: Open to Canadian residents until September 21st, 2018 at 11:59pm EST. Prize giveaway consists of (2) Deepak Chopra Event Tickets (Gold or equal to/greater value ticket: Value $260). This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
Disclosure: UrbanMommies has been offered tickets to this event in exchange for promotion.