The diaper back is often handbag, toybox and tolietry kit in one. Sleep-deprived moms often forget to replenish their bags and there is nothing worse than being left in a lurch without diapers or a change of clothes for your baby. Here’s a checklist of the essential 15 things you should pack in your diaper bag, as well as a few fun surprises.
- The basics: Diapers, Wipes, diaper cream, change of clothes, changing pad
- Swaddling blanket, burp cloths
- Medication for kids (children’s Tylenol) or Advil (for yourself), adhesive bandages
- Snacks & Reusable water bottle
- Nursing cover or sling if you’re breastfeeding or a bottle of formula if you’re not
- Sippy cup and spoons in a Ziploc bag & extra Ziploc bags
- Emergency money and change for parking meters
- Cell phone charger
- Pen & paper
- Magazine/reading material (for when they finally fall asleep and you’re in your driveway!)
- Lipgloss, earrings, a brush and mascara for Mom
- Sunscreen or hat
- Teething toys, comfort items
- Hand sanitizer
- Emergency info-contact information of your family physician and an emergency contact as well as immunization records and health cared number.
We also have some fun ideas on UrbanMommies TV for how to pack a diaper bag.